By 832v - 15/03/2015 14:00 - Japan

Today, on holiday in Japan, I got confused and booked a room in a Love Hotel. I’m single. FML
I agree, your life sucks 660
You deserved it 92

Top comments

You're in Japan. Perfect opportunity to buy yourself an anime body pillow to act as your girlfriend/boyfriend.

Hey, loving yourself is the most important thing you can do before allowing others to love you.

Comments

how about we skype and end this "singleness" "starring creepy"

Hey, loving yourself is the most important thing you can do before allowing others to love you.

You're in Japan. Perfect opportunity to buy yourself an anime body pillow to act as your girlfriend/boyfriend.

Single girls are good at making love to themselves. So, go, do what you're good at.

I'm sure there's a lot of good restaurants in Japan, food can be your companion tonight.

That wouldn't happen to be the Gandara Vehotel by any chance would it?

What better way to observe Japanese culture! Don't forget your black light!

Your relationship status must be: it's complicated.

Don't worry op I also tend to stare into the mirror and talk dirty to my reflection.

Love hotels in Japan are awesome! Cleaner and cheaper than regular hotels, usually very conveniently placed, and they often contain video game consoles, karaoke machines, and other fun things. Sometimes the rooms have themes (space, pirates, anime, etc.). They don't like to have single guests, because there's a feeling that lovelorn people will commit suicide there, but as a foreigner you aren't really expected to know, let alone follow many of the unwritten rules.

I'm somewhat concerned that you know all that, but at the same time I am impressed with your knowledge of the subject.

It's the same in Korea, but it's a bit more common for travelers to book the rooms for single people since they are cheaper than "regular" hotels for much nicer rooms.

I agree with this. Honestly, it's better to stay in a love hotel. It's often far, far cheaper, and it can be nicer. It's not uncommon.

#12, I lived in Japan for 7 years. My Japanese girlfriend (later wife) and I sometimes stayed in love hotels for the reason I gave above.