By meens42 - 30/09/2013 08:04 - United States

Today, my dad asked me to stop calling him "dad" because it’s too weird for his girlfriend’s kids to hear, because they call him dad. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 233
You deserved it 2 834

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Doesn't seem like a man you'd want to call dad anyway.

Sounds like he cares more about her and her kids than his own. FYL

Comments

elvmem2 6

I have experienced pretty much the same thing. My dad considers his stepfamily his real family and doesn't speak to his biological family.

nishantvas 13

Call that jerk of a father with his name. And make it sound disrespectful... If he says anything tell him that he asked you to stop calling him "dad"

Wth is wrong with him, & how exactly is it "weird" for her kids to hear you call your biological father dad? Sounds to me like both your "dad" & the not even "step kids" yet all have issues...also, why would they call him dad? That's messed up. I had a step father who "required" us to call him dad, when I told my mom I'd never call him that he said I could never live with them, so I was forced to live with my real dad (physically/verbally abusive @ that) for 2 yrs...apparently they were exactly alike (both my real & step father)

This is going to sound rather callous, but why wouldn't you just suck it up and call the guy dad if it prevented you from having to live with someone abusive?

Says a lot about your mom's preference of men, doesn't it, 86? It sounds like she's comfortable with being in abusive relationships.

thats screwed up just dont call him anything than. and def dont trust him he obviously doesnt understand whats important. you need to find someone else to confide in then them. What a shitty dad.

ravenevercross 19

I'd agree, for the right daily price. $_$

well.....id tell his girlfriends kids to **** off

happyfingers 15

... What? YOU have to stop calling him dad because his girlfriends kids, who he is NOT related to, call him dad and think it's weird that you do? The hell? That doesn't even make sense.

And the Father/stepfather of The Year Award goes to...