By RC - 25/10/2009 02:14 - United States

Today, my cousin and I were out on the boardwalk. I walked to the railing next to a man and said, "Great view isn't it?" Then I found out that the man was blind and had a seeing eye dog. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 326
You deserved it 10 447

Same thing different taste

Top comments

xshyguyx 0

that is kinda funny but you could have just played it off like there was someone else you were talking to, it's not like he would know

Today, i was walking at the pier. Some lady asked about the view. Im blind. FML

Comments

Hey, maybe he was deaf too. Or... maybe it was just some guy walking his dog while wearing sunglasses and you just assumed he was blind. Don't worry about it... he doesn't know where you live or even what you look like.

Oh man u got to feel like a doosh after that....its happen'd to the best of us. just laugh it all

It's douche, not doosh. At least you spelled it phonetically. Better than the time I saw someone spell it dush. Also, happened. That one is just sad. I've seen people use an apostrophe improperly when pluralizing a word, but not when turning one past tense. However, your message is good. It could happen to anyone under the right circumstances, and it's not THAT big of a deal as long OP explains he/she didn't realize. Laugh it of OP! Just not in front of the blind man, or he'll think you said it to be an ass...

While he's yelling at you for being ignorant just quietly walk away and leave him yelling at the sea.

FYL - You didn't know he was blind, the dog might not have been wearing anything to show he was a guide dog.

lol I misread,, thought he said that.. but its an FYL xD

FYL - (but don't worry, i bet most people have done something like that.. i have xD)

amatayo 0

seems like people are stupid. i could have made the same mistake. no one thinks hey he might be blind so I'll make sure. if he has a dog my first thought is he has a dog. and if she was looking out to the water she was not looking at the guy. so people relax.

It's not much of an FML. Sure, you feel awkward, but trust me, they don't mind. My girlfriend's nearly totally blind and she's fine with it. I call FYL because you must've felt really awkward. But it's still an easy mistake to make :)

Why don't you just keep your mouth shut. You're an idiot and strangers don't want to talk meaningless shit with you anyway.