By tax-man - 02/03/2013 02:35 - United States - Chapin

Today, my brother called me, asking if I could help him do his taxes. Since he's a high school and college dropout, I thought all I had to do was a 1040EZ. No, last year he made more than twice what I earn, through self-employment. I have two Master's degrees and work at Burger King. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 366
You deserved it 9 137

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Some people with good business minds just aren't good at school. To assume that someone who wasn't good at or interested in school is going to not be successful is kind of messed up. Some of the brighter people I know didn't bother with higher education. Instead they learned by doing. And at least in the two career fields I worked in, that meant a lot more then having a degree. As someone with a degree, it was kind of frustrating knowing my degree meant crap when going up for a job. They were more interested in my real world experience.

californiapoppy 11

Well, that's a whopper of a problem

Comments

87 - Because 10 commented on someone else's post instead of making their own post.

You probably have your degrees in Liberal Arts, in which case, you've reached the peak of your career.

You get your unfairness flamebroiled with a side of onion rings.

What's a 1040EZ? Is it the same as a P60?

boycrazy30007 12

How are you a high school AND college drop out?

He might have gotten a GED. No guarantee that he did im just going with a logical assumption.

trav_o 8

You need to see if your brother is hiring!!

How can he be both a high school and college dropout??

It goes to show that you don't need to "be smart" to be successful...