By Violet - 05/04/2014 01:57 - United States - Exeter

Today, my boyfriend wanted me to get a shirt saying "I'm a girl," just so people won't think he's gay. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 122
You deserved it 5 961

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He should get a shirt saying 'I'm an asshole'

Comments

YellowKettleBell 31

I think this is truly what it means to be a homophobe.

Sure, to an extent. A very shallow extent. Homophobia is actual persecution for being gay. When I say "persecution", I mean being mercilessly insulted, your life threatened, physically beaten and left for dead if murder wasn't the intent in the first place. I've witnessed and even used to take part in some of it, too, a long time ago. Not something I'm proud of. THAT is what it truly means to be a homophobe.

flynryder 7

Doll yourself up every once and a while

Merylwen 24

Sure, because being a woman is "dolling up", everyone knows that.

rocker_chick23 27

What if she's like me and hates wearing make-up? Why should she change because her boyfriend is a douchebag?

As you can see in ny profile picture, I'm clearly a woman. I have very long hair, feminine features, and dress in a feminine manner. Unfortunately, my parents named me after my father, so my name is Robbie. One year, I asked my husband if we could get one of those custom license plates made for the front of our car at our local fair, and he refused because (direct quote) "I don't want people to think I'm gay." I was honestly devastated, and we argued about it for a week. He finally realized why it had hurt my feelings and offered to get one, but I didn't even want it anymore. TL;DR. OP, I sort of feel your pain.

kingdomgirl94 29

First of all, why does he care if people think he's gay? Its not like being called gay is ******* offensive. It'd be like calling someone a brunette if they're a redhead. Its not offensive, just untrue. Secondly, if OP doesn't care if people misgender her and she's happy the way she is, he needs to shut the **** up. Just because you're in a relationship with someone, that doesn't mean you have a say in their body and appearance. It sounds like the bf is insecure and needs to learn some boundaries.

Buy him a T-Shirt that says I am less a man, and kick him in the junk a few times while he is trying to read it. If he is so ashamed of you, then he isn't worth being with.

He is probably suggesting that your torso isn't extremely noticeable...still it shouldn't matter

That's funny, I thought we didn't have to dress a certain way just because it pleases other people. Maybe that only applies to teenage peer pressure in high school.

FML64128 7

Once again, people disappoint me. I feel there's a bit of a double standard here. Personally, I've had exes that told me I should dress more nicely because it's a poor reflection on them when I don't. And it's not that I dress badly, just simply. Very clean, just a t shirt and jeans most days. Never once has a female stood up for me and said I should be able to wear what I want, every time they would agree with her. I also know several guys who have had similar experiences. I really think it's crappy that I'm in the wrong because I don't want to spend all my money on expensive clothes just to wear them to college classes. I think it sucks the kind if t shirt that OP's bf wants her to wear because it is offensive, but dressing more feminine because he doesn't like the way her current appearance reflects on him doesn't seem unreasonable if special dress is expected of myself and many other guys.

rocker_chick23 27

Many women don't care what their boyfriends or husbands wear. My husband wears tee-shirts and jeans all the time and so do I.

or you could maybe start looking like a girl.