By mookiemookie01 - 27/03/2014 22:34

Today, after years of frustration, I got a t-shirt printed that says, "I am a girl". FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 955
You deserved it 5 844

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hey Bill, look at the guy walking down the street with that T-shirt that says "I'm a girl"

Its hard since i have no idea what you look/dress like, but normally some makeup and more feminine clothing should solve that problem in a more...subtle way.

Comments

Maybe you should try a little harder to look like one

No, she doesn't. And to all the people saying she should try harder or wear makeup or something, it's perfectly normal and realistic that some people who identify as female don't enjoy makeup or frilly dresses. That doesn't make them any less of a girl.

#18 if it's bugging her so much.... Maybe she should make a little bit of a change? Right or wrong doesn't really come into it, if something frustrating you you should take steps to fix it.

Both of you are true in your ways, but it doesn't take away front he fact that 3 is a classless, insensitive ****.

Well OP is frustrated that she doesn't look like a girl so either she should look past what people are saying or try to look more like a girl. Seeing that she bought a shirt to announce it, she sounds like she wants to go with the latter so 3 has good advice.

She could wear a babydoll Tee instead of a men's Tee for starters and that's not a "frilly dress." She can look more feminine without going Full Princess.

I for one appreciate the t shirt. I agree with looking like what you want to but please don't get mad at me for misinterpreting your sex

#3, maybe you should try a little harder to stfu.

RedPillSucks 31

@27 Well, I'm not sure if she means that she doesn't feel like she looks like a girl or that people mistake her gender. I know that's a subtle difference. If she didn't care, then I'd say tell everyone to **** off. However, I agree that if she's frustrated by it then by all means make a change.

kewpiesuicide 29

There's nothing wrong with androgyny but it always takes a while to gain confidence in your looks. All the major designers nowadays love androgyny!

falon142012 22

What if OP does wear makeup and girly clothes, but just has the physique and facial features that make her seem masculine? If that's the case, OP I'm really sorry. Hopefully you'll figure something out eventually.

I am a tomboy and I look like a dude, dress like a dude and in general behave like a dude, so I'm not bothered whenever anyone takes me for one (though I admit I was a bit surprised when I was first called a 'sir' by a shopkeeper). If OP takes such offence to being called a boy, I believe she should take some steps not to look like one.

MichellinMan 20

3# Didn't do jack shit, if she's been frustrated for YEARS, then she should definitely be trying to fix it. He was stating the obvious.

To be fair, and I'm not trying to be hateful, just direct... I've seen many women that still wouldn't 'look like a woman' whether they put on makeup, a dress and heels or not... they would really just look like a man cross dressing as a woman. I can imagine such a situation would be incredibly frustrating.

cryssycakesx3 22

Well she obviously is more Ok with wearing the T-shirt than conforming to something she may not feel comfortable doing

I've had people call me sir when I'm wearing a tank top with my tatas in obvious view just because I have short hair

She's frustrated because people can't tell her gender, I think.

Is that supposed to be funny? Because, you know... it isn't.

More like Girl Up! Anyone? No... okay :/

RedPillSucks 31

I always wanted to "Girl Up" Where do I sign.

SkyGuy32 17

#24, I actually thought it was pretty funny. But I'm sure we can both express that opinion using the like or dislike button on the comments instead of personally insulting the commenter's joke.

Its hard since i have no idea what you look/dress like, but normally some makeup and more feminine clothing should solve that problem in a more...subtle way.

Maybe OP doesn't like make up or dresses. If she doesn't, forcing herself to wear them won't make her feel better.

I never wear make up, and rarely with dresses. Try longer, girly hairdos and small jewelry, like earrings. Or even like lip gloss and nail polish. Don't forget there are more feminine clothes that AREN'T dresses.

I never suggested she wore dresses. I said to try wearing more feminine clothing. And makeup CAN mean, some lip gloss an mascara haha

Then why is she wearing a tshirt to say she's a women? It goes both ways, you should be able to dress how you like or not wear makeup. But if she's frustrated then why doesn't she try what #7 said?

SkyGuy32 17

If you have short hair, that might be the problem.

so basically she has to wear that shirt everyday

but what if she has boyish features in her face or body and is mistaken as a boy or transexual? I'm just guessing though, but it seems like a valid reason. Maybe she could just wear makeup or just wear some girly colors. I'm sure op looks like a girl or is pretty in anyway.

Hey Bill, look at the guy walking down the street with that T-shirt that says "I'm a girl"

Driblets 8

I feel like a huge dick for laughing at this.

"That must have been one hell of a bet he lost."

I favorited this FML because of this comment!

Why don't you just wear makeup, dresses or feminine colors

meli1195 31

Maybe because she doesn't want to?

Then why would she be wearing that "I'm a girl" shirt?

Great idea from the feminist movement, but for once try to look at the big picture before jumping into the trenches. OP is apparently frustrated about not looking like a girl. Connect the rest of the dots yourself

I agree with 29. If she's going to sit there and complain about people never knowing her sex she needs to do something to establish she's a girl. Not saying she should have to wear a crap load of makeup. But maybe wear something that hugs her figure.

Maybe like jewelry, or of course girly clothes. Maybe even a girly hairstyle

You can be an androgynous model. With the right make up and hair extension, you will look like a girl. Without them, you will look like a guy

Yeah, since you know what OP looks like. She might have long beautiful hair with no need for extension's...and may not need makeup...

In that case, we wouldn't have this FML.

OP could just be a stocky girl. Broad shoulders, taller than the average girl, maybe dressing in baggy clothes etc. My friend has had the same problem before. Once she started wearing clothes that showed off her figure and just being a little bit more feminine about her looks did the trick. I would just try that.. good luck!

kayteakay 26

I was this girl in school. I had zero feminine role models, it took making girl friends to realize I dressed like a guy.