By lovekills99 - 19/01/2009 17:59 - Canada

Today, my boyfriend's mother told me she had fantasies about throwing him out a window when he was a baby because she was so depressed and couldn't handle the stress. The worst part is he wants to get married. She'd be my mother-in-law. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 660
You deserved it 4 311

Same thing different taste

Top comments

infantrygirl 0

You're judging her for a confirmed psychological disorder? Classy.

infantrygirl 0

Look, if you have a bad relationship with her, that's one thing. I can take pity and say I'm sorry you have a poor relationship with your boyfriend's mother. But coming on here and going all "FML" about another woman's psychological condition isn't gonna gain much sympathy. Maybe she felt she could confide in you and tell you this personal, painful bit of her history without you. All I'm saying is that, if your relationship is that bad, complain about something else, instead of her post-partum depression. One more thing: It's also not appropriate for a 17-year-old to talk about marriage. I seriously doubt you're mature enough or ready for it. (And no, that's not judging you personally. That's my opinion on all 17-year-olds.)

Comments

It's Postnatal depression and it's common for women to have it, don't judge her so quickly.

Wooooow! So, you little girl, have a shrink? Why are you so apathetic towards a woman who struggled through some emotional issues and had the strength to admit a weakness she overcame? Be grateful, it seems like this was an attempt to bond... sharing that she's human. A lot of mothers naturally dislike their children's partners; where's your appreciation? Well, unfortunately, it looks like any efforts are wasted on your immature ass. *Go ahead and reference your age again! All it will do is prove you are definately still a child.* Ps. Shop for a new therapist. Judging by how obsessively defensive you are on here, the sessions aren't encouraging healthy progress.

You know how ******* stressful it is to raise a child?! Top that with a psychological disorder, I cannot begin to imagine what your mother-in-law was going through, if you think you're old enough to talk about marriage (you obviously aren't) then you're old enough to understand a person cannot control their mental disorders. You ******* ignorant narcissistic idiotic piece of shit.

You came to fml and expected sympathy? Bad decision on your part

it's called post partum depression and you are one judgemental bitch.

GreenJacket95 9

That is actually pretty normal if she was suffering post partum depression.

And......I'm not really getting the problem. The poor woman obviously had post partum depression. I don't think you should hold that against her.

You are blaming this woman for postpartum depression? What's wrong with you?