By fmlfmlfml - 11/10/2011 14:22 - United Kingdom

Today, my boyfriend rekindled the romance with his ex, at my 21st birthday party. One of the few reasons I'd invited her was to show that I trusted him, and I no longer felt threatened by their continued friendship. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 833
You deserved it 8 689

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Yikes that's rough, best of luck in the future. We don't all do things like this.

+1. There ARE still decent people in the world. I will rarely, if ever, continue communication with a serious ex, much less be friends with her. I don't understand why people think you can go from the feeling of being soulmates and in love to being platonic friends without those feelings coming back. They will, every time. Period.

Comments

fallingstarsxox 8

Why the hell would you invite his ex? That was a very stupid move though im sorry that happened to you :( but you have to admit it's your fault

hannahcorrine 0

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, it was meant to be. Clearly this was not meant to be.

You are definitely a more mature person than he deserves. Let him go, and move on to a guy who deserves you.

wth. Why would my comment be moderated? someone tell me.

biggee531 7

That came back in bit you in the ass didn't it?

You will find someone. He was to much into her to give you a real relationship. This might have come to haunt you later via cheating and other problems. Be happy you do not have to deal with his shit. Much love to you. BE strong!

armyofficerwife 0

Luckily your only 21. Still have time to kill. Go out and have some fun now that your legal and show the asshole that life is so much better without him. Best way to get revenge. Makes their skin crawl.

Saying YDI because she should "assume that something might happen since they're exes" is like saying all men are dogs. It's just not true. A better guy in that same situation wouldn't have done that. FYL, I hope you left him.

Nuahavizu 17

A better guy would have been friend zoned by her and she wouldn't have dated him in the first place. Ergo, a better guy WOULDN'T be in that situation.