By fmlfmlfml - 11/10/2011 14:22 - United Kingdom

Today, my boyfriend rekindled the romance with his ex, at my 21st birthday party. One of the few reasons I'd invited her was to show that I trusted him, and I no longer felt threatened by their continued friendship. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 833
You deserved it 8 689

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Yikes that's rough, best of luck in the future. We don't all do things like this.

+1. There ARE still decent people in the world. I will rarely, if ever, continue communication with a serious ex, much less be friends with her. I don't understand why people think you can go from the feeling of being soulmates and in love to being platonic friends without those feelings coming back. They will, every time. Period.

Comments

I'm sorry but you deserved this..... WHY on earth would you invite her to your party? The issue of trust isn't a good enough reason. He should have turned down the offer of her being there. He obviously wanted this to happen. What if the tables were turned, would you want your ex invited? I would hope not. Well, Happy 21st! And your present? The chance to start a new relationship with a new guy. Next time, leave the exes out of it....

I have to agree. This seems kind of childish. In a situation like this, if they had been broken up long enough there would be no reason for either party to be insecure. What does OP have to prove? Don't invite your partners ex, to prove something! Invite her if your friends.

RA661 8

28, Your wise words of wisdom, are wise.

There is very little that hurts as much as showing that kind of trust and then being betrayed. I've been there and it sucks. You'll find someone better though.

perdix 29

I guess your birthday present was the gift of wisdom...and the ability to legally buy and drink all the alcohol it takes to drown your regret over your stupidity. Happy Birthday!! Cheers!

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
zuzupetalsYO 11

Drowning your regret is not wisdom #30.

perdix 29

I agree. Wisdom is not getting your stupid ass in the position to have to drown your sorrows. Drinking yourself into oblivion should only be done for fun.

ikickgingers 15

32 - Read the text!. You just made yourself sound stupid by trying to sound smart. P.s - don't try to correct perdix, he clearly has nothing better to do then provide amusement for the rest of us :)

Who invites their boyfriend's ex to anything?

tweetbaby14 18

More like what kind of idiot invites their bf/gf's ex to anything? Oh wait... I answered my own question.

Isn't it nice how men are so trustworthy?! Please, men, for the sake of humanity, prove me wrong

Obvious sexist troll is obvious. Advice: stop dating assholes. You're welcome.

You can't EVER trust no man. No matter what. And there are plenty fish in the sea ;)

i hope you were being sarcastic about the whole "cant trust no man EVER" thing