By dogmom - 16/07/2012 20:51 - United States - Honolulu

Today, my boyfriend picked me up and spun me around like they do in the movies, but not before grimacing, taking a deep breath, and muttering "one, two, three... and... uuuppp!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 145
You deserved it 5 758

Same thing different taste

Top comments

SweetSora 2

That's a confidence booster.

Those stupid moves you see in the movies never work in real life. I tried running through a meadow to Mrs. Bastard, but I ended up tripping and falling face first into cow manure. **** you, Hollywood.

Comments

Answer A: you're a hippo. Reaction knee to balls. Answer B: your boyfriend is weak. Reaction : damn't I have a scrawny ass weak boyfriend. We can't please you romantic women can we? *Sobs* why can't I be Fabio.

He might just be messing with you, unless you're honestly huge and he's little

naughtylez82 4

Why are men such assholes? He could have made comments in his head instead of out loud.

unknown_user5566 26

I'm guessing you took this as him calling you chubby, OP. Lighten up! If he really felt you overweight and unattractive, he most likely wouldn't be with you. I think it sounds like your boyfriend is sweet and has a sense of humor- I'd love it if my husband did something cute like that with me.

unknown_user5566 26

Oops. Felt that you are*. How did I manage to chop that sentence up so badly?

mrsquiggles6900 5

Um, even if she was bigger, I don't think guys would mind. I mean seriously? Thats ****** up if a guy judges a girl on her weight.., most guys don't like twigs anyway. More cushion for the pushin;)

perdix 29

#38, not so fast. He might find her overweight and unattractive, but has come to the reality that she is the best he can do for now. Notice that he is neither(ee) the fiancé nor the husband, so maybe he's with her until something better comes along. It's nice that you were trying to make her feel better -- too bad the world is full of douchebags like me ;)

Don't worry perdix, if the world was only full of nice people, there would be a great imbalance. Even though the majority hate them, we need a handful of douches like you to make all of us nice people much more special ;)

jkozzy 8

Don't feel bad op, people are hard to lift. Try lifting 160 lbs and spinning it. I couldn't do it, and I work out. :)

Picking someone up like you see in a dance routine is actually difficult, even if your partner weighs 95 lbs soaking wet. The dudes you see doing this on stage are professionals who train daily, are extremely fit, have great bodies, and know exactly what they're doing. Unless your boyfriend has done the same he's going to find it at least somewhat difficult no matter what you weigh.

A lot of guys also get real macho and won't ask for help lifting something when they should. Or they won't be smart and use mechanical help to do heavy lifting (put it on a pallet and use a pallet jack, rig it to a sling and use a hoist, whatever).

A bit self-conscious and insecure, are you, OP?

I think you missed the point. At least he was able to pick you up. You should start getting worried when he can't.