By WoofWoof - 07/12/2009 18:20 - United States

Today, my boyfriend of six months called me. He said his mom was making him choose between having a dog or having a girlfriend. I asked him which one he picked. He went quiet, and I heard barking in the background. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 146
You deserved it 5 006

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Sorry, but if I had to choose between my dog and my boyfriend, I'd choose my dog. It's hard to explain but it's kind of like giving up your best friend. Dogs just, well, they're just always there for you. They give you a kiss and lean up against you and they basically say "I'll be your shoulder to cry on." I know I would just about die if my parents made me choose between the two but I would definitly choose the dog. Then again I have no intention of getting married or having kids. OP I can't say FYL but I can't say YDI either so niether I guess. Maybe you can figure out why his mom made him choose between the dog and you.

kaleid0scopeEyes 0

this comment reminded me of a news article I read about a man who was literally in love with his dog...********** is no laughing matter

glorbnakcs 0

If it's between a man and a porcupine, it is very much so a laughing matter.

I would choose the dog too. If I had to choose between a dog and my (hypothetical) husband, I would choose the husband. However, if I had to choose between a boyfriend of 6 months, especially one who still lives with his mother (indicating he is too young to move out or is unable to support himself)... Well, the chances of the dog and I having a "breakup" are a lot lower than the chances of boyfriend and I having a breakup.

or a woman and a porcupine, for that matter.

dancingdoggy 4

6 months.... how old are you? Like, high school and below, which is when someone would be living at home with a mother who would make them choose, love is (usually) not going to last. A dog will last 10-15 years on average. I'd totally pick the dog over a high school or younger relationship...

hes an asshole, i would know im a guy, i have TWO dogs and a cat, plus my girlfriend, so its his loss :/ you can do better than tht

LAWLZ. sorry but that's funny. besides: gf of six months or 13 year bond? i'd pick the dog too.

he was lying. he just made that up and was really dumping you. that or his moms a crack addict. woo

ihateallpeople 0

What's the difference between your dog barking at the back down and your wife yelling at the front door? If you let the dog in it will shut up.

What's up with the dog FMLs today? Someone needs to keep their bitches off the computer.

sportsnut 0

get out while you can, that is going to be one crazy mother in law, but it wouldn't ever get that far because you're in high school! so suck it up and get a real life

Awwww, that succks. But u know what they say, a dog is a man's best friend. LOL FYL though.