By Anonymous - 17/07/2012 16:20 - United States - Palmdale

Today, my boyfriend of several years, and father of our one-year-old child, finally proposed. He was making idle conversation from twenty feet away and casually said, "By the way, you wanna get hitched?" This is as romantic as my life will ever get. Yay. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 142
You deserved it 9 626

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You never know. He could take you on a romantic getaway to the nearest McDonalds.

Think long and hard before you answer.

Comments

MiloBear 11

My father proposed to my mother by asking, "So are we getting married or what?" and they are still together 26 years later. He is terribly unromantic but he tries (and does better now that he has adult daughters to guide him). You have to decide what your priorities are in a husband. Romance is wonderful, but so is someone who is reliable and loves you. Not saying those qualities are mutually exclusive, just that you're never going to find someone who is perfect.

Well you could have asked him to marry you. Then you'd have it as romantic as you made it happen. Instead, you waited. Beggars can't be choosers. YDI

septemberpeaches 8

You do realize you DON'T have to marry him, right? If you want something more then wait for the right person... marriage is a commitment for life.

At least he proposed... Some men are nervous and don't want to make a big scene in case you say no, so they propose in a very nonchalant way.

Adippy1 4

Hey it was better than mine was. It was marry me or else. And it was over the phone.

MonsterCommenter 4
Tamsauce 3

Lol "or else"????? I would have hung up.

vaughant 5
JaysFanStu 3

At least your baby-daddy is planning on sticking around. There. Glass half full again.

Be grateful he proposed at all. Most guys would leave their girls as soon as she told him she was pregnant. Yours not only stuck around, but is wanting to stick around even longer by making the relationship even more official. What did you want, some attention-grabbing dramatic proposal like the ones you see and the girl turns the guy down? My dad proposed to my mom in very much the same way and they've been married for 30 years. It can't be that bad...

Some people just aren't romantic about asking to get married. It doesn't mean romance has to be gone from your life though.uch like sex, sometimes we have to direct a guy in what does it for us. And again, much like sex, sometimes we need to initiate the romance. Lead by example. Besides, while romance is good, it's not an everyday thing. What matters more is of you love each other and make a good team. If you guys do, then you can work on making those moments happen.

My (now hub) proposed while watching Eddie Izzard... by asking me if I could get him a glass of juice out of the fridge... he dropped down on a kneee... I thought he was kidding b/c he didn't have a ring AND he'd just fake proposed 3 days earlier on April Fool's day. (The ring was held up in customs, I later found out). *shrugs* As long as everything else in the r'ship is fine, don't hold it against him too much!