By Anonymous - 02/01/2010 07:50 - United States

Today, my boyfriend had to be hospitalized to drain poison from a bad spider bite. His mom is convinced that he got it from my house and won't let him come over anymore. I suppose she's right, because guess who found a spider web under their bed today, along with 5 new spider bites? FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 031
You deserved it 4 687

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You might want to consider cleaning your room more often...

I need to stop reading the comments. Spiderwebs can be spun overnight. The timing of the bites indicates that the spider had newly moved in. Who looks under the bed often enough to catch spiderwebs instantly? Getting rid of the web doesn't get rid of the spider, unless it's in it. Five bites does not equal five spiders. They aren't like bees, who sting and then die.

Comments

doesn't sound like a spider bite. spiders rarely bite unless forced to (defending themselves or nest). Because it had a web it was a trapping predator which means it wouldn't leave the web to track down food.    Sounds like you have a bed bug problem or you haven't found the right culprit yet. also, it isn't a matter of your place being dirty. EVERY house has some type of arthropod in it despite the cleaning or pesticide use. cleaning and insecticides will lower the population density but you will not get complete eradication from your home.  Finally, to the person who said that spiders can lay eggs on you. that is completely false and just plain moronic. spiders, like all animals, try to ensure the future of their progeny. which means they lay their eggs where they will survive. This equates to egg laying NOT on humans.    ps doctors are ignorant when it comes to insect/arthropod bites. they may be able to lead you in a food direction but it is almost impossible to tell the culprit by just the bite.

Stormcat 0

welcome to arizona. here, there is a large variety of poisonous insects, including spiders :/ for example, black widows and brown spiders.. yeah, for those you'd need to be hospitalized

texasmadeG 0

shes talking about herself..she found a spider web under her bed and she got 5 spider bites..

Niecey89 0

My mom got bit by a brown recluse spider, those suck, their venom is a flesh eating virus, just look it up. She had to have a punch biopsy done!

it's not spider bites it's called an abscess and you most likely have MRSA. the "poison" they are draining is puss.

wintamint101 7

after reading this fml in bed i felt like i got a dozen spider bites...XD

PistenDeer 0

I hate people like that (i mean his mother). Always blaming stuff on anybody but themselves. Once at school, my classmate tripped and broke her nose in front of my desk. Guess who's blamed for this by her mom?

HemptressMedea 0

Some moms need to quit babying their children. A spider bite can happen anywhere. But definitely Raid the shit out of your room after finding thoseugh. Spiders are horrible!! :(.

Binibaby91 0

Someone reallly needs to clean more often!!! Grooosssss

why does everyone keep saying that her room isn't clean? she could have the cleanest room and spiders could still come in and nest...calm you guys ****!

Actually it would be "his or her bed"