By strictly cum prancing - 11/12/2015 19:48 - United States

Today, my boyfriend backed out on our date so he could help his best friend get ready for some kind of drag queen competition. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 301
You deserved it 6 899

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should be happy that you have a boyfriend who is so supportive.

Do the date on another day, OP. Your BF is a good friend and you should value that on the guy you are with :)

Comments

Jachin357 28

Maybe you could go with him and help? Make something good out of the situation.

Mathalamus 24

It is his best friend. That probably supersedes your relationship.

hehe1996 15

I agree with all the comments saying that OPs boyfriend is a good friend and it's great that he'd so supportive, although I can see why OP would be a bit annoyed if he went back on plans he'd already made with her.

Yea but she could have joined them and made it a date

Seriously OP? Grow up, he's helping his friend, stop acting like you are more important.

She may be more important to him, but that doesn't mean her wants and needs are always more important or urgent than those of others in his life. Would you hold it against him for skipping out on the date if his best friend had been in a near fatal accident and was lying in a hospital bed, barely clinging to life? I think not. I'm sure this drag show was more important to this friend than the date was to her. Unless her boyfriend has made a habit of cancelling dates, OP is just being a spoiled brat.

I don't think she would have minded had it been an emergency but it doesn't sound like it was.

Oh really, #72? Is she? Let me remind you that today she might be the girlfriend and tomorrow she might be the ex. He can dump him anytime and so can she. So yes, years of friendship do come before a girl/boyfriend. If you don't think that way, put yourself in the position: you put your boyfriend in first place and neglect on all your friends. Then he finds someone he likes better and dumps you. Your scenario? Single and no friends. It's cliche, but it's true: bros before hoes, and it does apply for every gender.

I understand that you're annoyed he cancelled on plans he made with you, but I don't think he was wrong to do so. Your boyfriend is a very good and supportive friend. He can go on dates with you whenever, drag queen competitions don't happen so often. And it takes some courage to go to one. Go help them next time instead of complaining on FML. It's what I would have done.

Dude, yeah its a shame he backed out of your date, but if hes that supportive of his best friend, i say rock on him!

gemstone586 12

I think the part that bothers me is the "some kind of drag queen competition" part. like, clearly she disdains the whole thing and she's disgusted by the thought or something. and you brought that to FML looking for sympathy?? the people on FML are much too progressive to sympathize with that...

Ask him to take you to the competition that sounds like a hellova lot of fun.

I don't get why you guys are all saying she should be happy her boyfriend is a good friend. I mean, yeah, that's a good thing, but from the wording of the fml he backed out of their planned date last minute and ditched her for his friend, which, while obviously not the end of the world, isn't okay.

Agreed! It's never okay to ditch already made plans for some one other than your special person. If his friend needed help becoming a drag queen he should have asked earlier and her boyfriend should have said he already has plans or at least talked to his gf about it

As long as it doesn't happen constantly, it's really just a slight annoyance. How many dates do they go on? How many did he back out on? It's common for people to back out of a few dates because something came up, it really sounds like this was just one date. It's an annoyance, sure, but she can't expect him to prioritize her over everything else, especially when the best friend was most likely there before she was. Look at it this way: big event for friend vs one date they can reschedule anytime. I know which I'd choose.

They can go out on a date anytime, they could have turned this into a date. AAnd it is quite possible his friend signed up for it last minute and needed help to get that extra boost of confidence to get up on stage and do something like this that he probably has always wanted to do. I would think that those competitions don't come around too often. And it doesn't sound like he bails on her frequently, it's not like he is ditching her for a poker game and it's not like he is cheating on her. There is much worse things he could do than rescheduling a date to help his friend find out who he really is.