By strictly cum prancing - 11/12/2015 19:48 - United States

Today, my boyfriend backed out on our date so he could help his best friend get ready for some kind of drag queen competition. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 301
You deserved it 6 899

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should be happy that you have a boyfriend who is so supportive.

Do the date on another day, OP. Your BF is a good friend and you should value that on the guy you are with :)

Comments

You should be happy that you have a boyfriend who is so supportive.

indeed. i approve of her boyfriend's friendship

The idea here probably isn't that it's annoying he doesn't value her most but actually that it's always annoying to have plans cancelled on you, especially if you had to clear your schedule for them.

They could have easily turned it into a date. She could've helped him get ready then they could go see him compete together. A relationship should be 50/50 and they should have compromised to make both parties happy

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

quit being an attention ***** and looking for a pitty party.

awildwhisper 30

Pretty sure they were being sarcastic.mm

You deserve it. You don't deserve to be in a relationship with a guy who values friends like that.

tantanpanda 26

Excuse him for valuing a friendship. At least the boyfriend's not cheating.

I think it was sarcasm? At least I hope it was...

leogachi 15

@18 I'm pretty sure he meant that Op doesn't deserve to be dating a guy who actually cares about other people.

So what your saying is that OP deserves a guy who would abandon his friends at the drop of a hat

ChopSuey444 20

Guys, #4 is saying that her boyfriend is great for valuing his friend so much, and being supportive. She should be understanding. It wasn't her birthday, or her anniversary, just one date that he bailed on to help a friend, and OP should be understanding, but she's not, therefore doesn't deserve her boyfriend.

#4 I wonder if you'd have the same reaction if he was helping a friend oh,I dunno, build a shed or something. I'm betting you wouldn't.

__nines 13

Ok but you can build the shed or whatever any time, a drag queen competition was that particular day and it's his best friend soo....

Hey - it's incredible that your boyfriend is so loyal to his friends. That's a good thing OP

Burton_Forever 23

That's a best friend right there! respect your boyfriend!

Pretty sure the best friend came long before the girl friend! So.....

Maybe it's something really important for the friend? Plus you can go on dates whenever, I would assume drag competitions don't happen as frequently

It could be the championship! This is OP's boyfriend's best friend's time to shine! P.S. Why not go join them OP? Could be fun!

@ #16 That's what I was thinking. Next time, just ask if you can help!

Do the date on another day, OP. Your BF is a good friend and you should value that on the guy you are with :)

at least now you know that next time that he is with his best friend you can call him and ask for help so he will make the same thing that he make for his best friend right ???

That is something a crazy ass bitch would do.