By Eheath12Jheath14 - 12/07/2018 01:30

Today, my boyfriend and I welcomed our first son into the world. After I gave birth, he said he was going home to make sure the house was ready for baby. A few hours later, he was tagged in a Facebook photo by a mutual friend at the local bar. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 324
You deserved it 493

Same thing different taste

Top comments

There's an assortment of reasons this could be. But looking at a different angle, maybe he's terrified. Bringing a child into the world can be a very daunting thing and maybe he needed a brief moment to collect himself before undergoing being a fulltime dad.

Odd, but my gut thinks there is more to this. Maybe he wants one more hurrah, before baby duty 24/7 for the next 18 years? Or he could just be another douche.

Comments

openawhole00 6

are you the watermelon lady?

If I was you I would get over it. Either he's terrified of having a baby in the house, or he was having a celebratory drink with his buddies because he could, and will be able to for a while. I would not read too much into it until you actually talk to him.

I'd say nothing to be worried about yet given the circumstances. Only thing that bothers me is he said one thing and did another

In England we call this “wetting the babies head” it’s having a drink in honour of the baby

Could’ve been tagged from an old picture?

Traveling_Book 9

A bit surprised by the responses here. Figured most people would be ripping the guy a new one. I get being nervous and all, but you can't tell your significant other you are going home to get things ready for baby then go out drinking. Especially when she is in the hospital with your child.

Mythikalgrl 6

I would make sure he is doing what he needs to be doing in the first place and then bust his ass by confronting him straight on no bullshit, that is uncalled for any guy to lie.