By RogerReady - 31/01/2009 05:37 - United States

Today, I was offered a job. It only took me a year and 17 interviews to get an offer, and I have a PhD. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 434
You deserved it 3 524

Same thing different taste

Top comments

the_colonel 0

Well shit, I only have a Bachelor's. Looks like about four years and 302 interviews for me, assuming I can even get an interview.

PhD, 3000 applications, 10 interviews. 5 years and counting. Still working as a messenger.

Comments

the_colonel 0

Well shit, I only have a Bachelor's. Looks like about four years and 302 interviews for me, assuming I can even get an interview.

not true you could have no job experience and a phd in art and be aplying for a job at a buisness

even with credentials it's hard to find a job. makes me wonder the validity of how much and education is really worth!

Eir_fml 1

yeah being overqualified loses a lot of potential jobs.

PhD, 3000 applications, 10 interviews. 5 years and counting. Still working as a messenger.

okay guys the thing about university and getting high ranks is that you usually get no experience from learning from books. employers would want someone who has work experience in the field

#6 - Yeah, thought so when I read the comment. That's why I'm not going into a Masters program even. @_@ It feels weird to be overqualified.

Today, I finally got a job. FML this is one of the rare few where YDI is actually positive. i wish there was a F MY L option on this one

phd,ok so you have a pretty huge dick?how is this a FML.lol

Yeah, my dad has a PhD, plus many additional certificates and other levels of degrees, and exceptional grades throughout his elementary/high school/college years, and it's still hard for him to find work because we moved to Canada from Asia. Even though he got his PhD from England and studied for some time in Hawaii. It's hard, even for very qualified people.

just because you have a PhD, doesn't mean you'll get a job. Employers do look for more then JUST a degree, you know. Employers are also looking for experience. If you have a degree, but no experience, you can't be expected to be hired. It's just the way it goes.

I agree with 18. just coz you have a phd does not mean you're a walk-in. maybe it's your arrogance and unrealistic expectations that lost you potential jobs

_itsmeeex1bitchz 0

just 'cuz you have a PhD that doesn't mean you would automatically get a job. good luck though!