By Workhorse - 12/07/2014 21:11 - United States - Athens

Today, my boss called me to inform me that I'm being laid off. In my ensuing fit of rage, I deleted the recent project I've been working on for weeks. Pretty soon after, he called me back to let me know it was a prank. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 948
You deserved it 17 594

Same thing different taste

Top comments

otisnme94 14

Id be so mad. Bosses shouldn't joke about that kinda of stuff.

Vanessa_Leeann26 17

You can't pull it out of the trash can from the computer? Or were you so pissed that you fully deleted it? Either way, that way a dick move on your boss' part. Sorry, op.

Comments

Google "Recuva". There is a little program with that name designed for people with just this kind of A-hole of a boss.

Better look for it hard in the recycle bin...that's a mean prank

I wonder what the OP does when someone breaks up with him...

I would've just said I deleted it and then the boss would probably be like we ****** up

Granted it was a bad move on your bosses part. But at the same time you showed bad character. You destroyed company property. They paid you for that project. Unless you're paid on a per completed project basis you destroyed company property. Both at fault here.

Axel5238 29

Exactly and the company could take legal action. That project still belongs to the company and potentially affect the lives of several there if it was to go missing.

This is why everyone should just act professionally in the work place. No matter what other people do you need to keep professional.

Seriously? Wow, your boss is such an asshole! Just quit on him, see how it feels for him, since he already 'fired' you...

As someone who works in the IT department of the company I work at, I'd be quite surprised if there wasn't a backup somewhere.