By Workhorse - 12/07/2014 21:11 - United States - Athens

Today, my boss called me to inform me that I'm being laid off. In my ensuing fit of rage, I deleted the recent project I've been working on for weeks. Pretty soon after, he called me back to let me know it was a prank. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 948
You deserved it 17 594

Same thing different taste

Top comments

otisnme94 14

Id be so mad. Bosses shouldn't joke about that kinda of stuff.

Vanessa_Leeann26 17

You can't pull it out of the trash can from the computer? Or were you so pissed that you fully deleted it? Either way, that way a dick move on your boss' part. Sorry, op.

Comments

ArashiGirl 13

I guess that really fired you up huh?

Your boss didn't even consider the fact that his prank could have easily backfired, which it obviously did?

Hope they don't try to get mad about you deleting that project, its their fault!

If they get fired up about you deleting the project. Explain why you did it.

qdawg06 23

To be fair, that was a pretty extreme prank...

I'm sorry. Very unprofessional of him. I hope there's backup data.

lasagnanarcotics 14

Tell him you got a stroke/heart attack/anxiety from the 'prank'. Not as a prank. But to get workers compensation. Ha.

I think fraud is the word you're looking for.

BeautifulChaos27 37

NEVER go on workers comp unless you can't avoid it. It sucks.

katebond 16
Lil_Red777 21

You're 14, how many jobs have you been laid off from?

you said "cray-cray" = automatic down vote. Sorry !

I guess you missed the intentional reference to a previous FML... Oh well, you win some, you lose some and this was a lose.

you said "intentional reference" but you set it up pretty poorly ... poor execution = lost

I got the reference to the previous FML. cray-cray still gets a downvote, because that word is just like nails on chalkboard.