By Paul - 02/05/2013 01:52 - United States

Today, my boss called me into his office. After yelling and firing me, his assistant comes in telling him he had mistaken me for someone else. He did not give me my job back, as he claimed it would make an awkward work environment. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 064
You deserved it 2 613

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You can use the assistant as a witness and sue your boss for Wrongful Termination

Some how I think the assistant will "dis-remember".

Comments

Sounds like an imminent lawsuit..

01Ben21 10

This is America, shouldn't you be suing him for everything he has ever owned or loved?

Now that he's not your boss, make his life hell! Tell him exactly what you think about him, key his car, etc, be creative

cannabistea 7

Shove a lawsuit up his ass! For wrongful termination. That's just so unfair that he laid you off to salvage his reputability. I mean, he is probably already lacking in honorableness, which is made obvious by his deficits in moral competence. Some people have real nerve. He couldn't admit he made a mistake. I'm sure he's an egotistical scumbag and you're better off now that you don't have to work for that terrible person anymore. Don't fret too much OP. You'll get a much better job next time.

Seriously? I mean, c'mon now.... honorableness? Really??

That's wrongful termination. You have a witness, so time to lawyer up!!

Your boss is an idiot for one. How do you run a company if you don't know your employees? Two I really really really hope you get your job back. It's unfair he was wrong yet wont fix it, it sounds like the only thing your boss thinks awkward Is having to admit he was wrong and stupid. Get some legal help and I sincerely hope you set your job back.