By blind_loser - 12/07/2009 01:19 - United States

Today, my best guy friend set me up on a blind date. Almost immediately after the guy and I sat down, he excused himself to make a call. A couple of feet away from our table, I heard him say, "Come on, Justin, this is the best you could do??" Over the phone. Justin is the guy who set us up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 712
You deserved it 3 310

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Orchid_fml 2

that's why you don't go on blind dates .

When he comes back you should be sitting at the table talking to your "friend" "Yea, no he's a little under average looking, kind of awkward. Oh hey, I'll call you later, he's coming back." Make sure he hears you.

Comments

^I agree. You most definitely shouldve ordered something really pricey and then double kick his ass by saying you had to go cause you already had plans with another date.

jessibess 0

That would have been awesome!

whitneyyy 0

What happens next?! What a douche

OUCH!!! Wow you deserve way better than him! He is such a jerk!

wow, thats so mean. i agree you should've ordered somethin really expensive and then left b4 he got back

Wait, how is he a douche/jerk for being courteous enough to excuse himself from the table and have a private conversation expressing his discontent to the person who set them up? The OP shouldn't have been eavesdropping on his conversation. He's not obligated to find her attractive. She would be the douche for ordering something extremely expensive as payback. That makes a guy ask for separate checks and 'not' pay for you on account of you appearing to be uber high maintenance.

Oh please, come on, you have got to be kidding. You are, right? Please tell me you are.

Mata_Hari 0

I agreed with most of your post - BUT, the "private" conversation? He didn't even have the decency to go to another room or go outside, instead he made the phone call a few feet away. FYL

I'm assuming ... hoping ... this is just trolling. The guy should've waited until after the date, when he got home, to give Justin his opinion. Not the very MOMENT he meets the girl (which also tells me he's basing his opinion purely on looks, if he didn't even give her a chance by talking to her for a while, which also means he's shallow, another reason he's a jerk). I hope the girl got up and left immediately, not wasting any time on such a loser. Blind dates aren't just for losers, but they're not necessarily the best way to meet people either. Maybe she could ask Justin to hang out with him and some of his other friends at the same time. Group situations like that are usually less awkward, less pressure, and you can see if you're interested in someone without that commitment of a one-on-one date. And tell Justin next time he's going to introduce someone, make sure they're not shallow and rude.

Ha!! No this is not trolling, but excuse me for using logic. I forgot that I was commenting on "The View". My opinion gets buried because I'm not all "OMG leave him, you're too good for him. GIRL POWER YEAH!!" **** being politically correct. Him basing whether or not he'd be interested in the OP on looks isn't being shallow, its being human. Every single one of you high and mighty base whether or not you'd be interested in a guy on looks so shut that shit up now. If you don't find a person attractive in the least bit then you don't try to 'date' them plain and simple. This goes for all people on the planet. For all you know the OP could be kin to Ugmo, though I don't the guys friend would do that to him. Mata_Hari you're the only one that makes sense. I agree that maybe he should've went to a different room or outside, but he probably thought it was loud enough inside the restaurant so that she couldn't hear him. Plus the OP might have found it odd for him to walk all the way outside the building just to take a phone call. I used the term "private" because most people expect their phone calls to be between them and who ever else is on the other line, not everybody and they mama who's straining their ears to listen in. If he wanted to do that he'd put the call on speakerphone. Intotheblue I never said anything about blind dates being for losers.

You are correct every human knows pretty instantly if they are attracted to someone. He should have waited until after the date was over to make that phone call though and also by going on a blind date he was setting himself up for failure anyways.

Thank you thecanez. And yes, maybe he should've waited til the date was over to make the phone call, but like I said he probably thought he was out of earshot of the OP.

I agree with you. before I even date I see if they are cute so when I walk down the street people can stare. if not then they aren't worth my time :)

lol, thats so mean!!! he coulda freakin' waited!! FYL.

Haha you must really be an ugly bitch.

Hey, thats my name! @OP: Don't feel bad. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

i feel bad for the guy.. i was in a similar situation once. i just told her i had to go and i got outta that mess, that was my first blind date ever, and its definetly my last lmao.