By Anonymous - 23/07/2014 00:43 - Norway - Bergen

Today, I got in a minor car accident because my mom had to check how many likes her last photo on Instagram had while driving. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 742
You deserved it 3 950

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CaiDog 20

And here adults accuse the younger generation of being social media obsessed..

your mother needs to have eyes on the road from now on, i hope you are ok :/

Comments

your mother needs to have eyes on the road from now on, i hope you are ok :/

Is your mum a 16 year old high schooler?

No, a self conscious middle aged woman who needs likes to authenticate her mental stability. (jk; not really)

16, I agreed with you up until "(jk not really)"

#16 - that was a terrible comment; it was awesome. Hahaha; *runs away crying and breakdancing*

lol I was serious, just didn't want a mob of middle aged, instagram craves, moms down voting me.

Frankly speaking what her mom did was irresponsible. And very dangerous. There are too many accidents caused by people who text and view their mobiles while driving, because they can't pull over and do all of that while on the side of the road or completely parked. Good luck and safe driving.

And what would she have gotten if it was a mayor instead of a minor accident? Mom of the universe award?

If the mayor is driving the car instead of a minor then the crime cancles itself out

Link/DD 13

I'm wondering how much likes she got

Wizardo 33

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
CaiDog 20

And here adults accuse the younger generation of being social media obsessed..

5- it seems the older generation does more texting and driving (or using social media in this case) than the younger drivers. My own parents are a perfect example of that.

WaxenSecrets 5

It's because they think some magic amount of experience will give them the ability to simultaneously steer a motor vehicle and post on instagram. Guys, if you can hardly pay attention to stuff while you're walking and posting, what makes you think controlling a metal death trap at 45 mph and posting would be any easier?

I have to tell my mom to watch the road all the time because she's on her phone.

I think if my mum was this irresponsible and it was a regular thing I'd just refuse to have her drive me..

My mum already drives like she's looking at her phone 24/7, she doesn't need to look at a phone.

Makes me wonder if she took a pic of the accident and posted that too.

Ihavegas 22

let hope the law punishes her accordingly

CurlyQute 17

Wow, that's ridiculous. Hope you're okay though!