By Coeurdencre - 06/06/2016 03:33

Today, my best friend, who reckons I'm doing a terrible job at finding a boyfriend, has started giving out my number to all the men she thinks "look trustworthy" in the subway. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 563
You deserved it 907

Same thing different taste

Top comments

My number was once written in a bathroom stall at a rest stop by a friend... I pity you. I know your pain.

Comments

Even though your best friend was doing it out of good, you really need to talk to her and tell her to put a stop to it. you might want to block every unknown number that calls or possibly get an entirely new number. FYL

cootiequeen4444 11

who knows what those people will do with your number. best be getting a new one. what service provider do you have? with Verizon it appears you can change your number for free if you do it yourself online. but some companies charge regardless. AT&T support page says it charges a flat rate of $36. if your provider charged I strongly advise you talk to your friend about donating to a cause - the bests friends against creeper calls and unsolicited dick pics cause. if she denies she did anything wrong. for her next birthday in lieu of a gift just give a thank you card saying thanks for their donation. better late than never. or you can be the bigger (wo)man and just pay the fee and let it go. Maybe wait and see if any really bothers you first? however I'd personally be VERY uncomfortable with my number out there like that.. I'd change my cell # ASAP... but that's just me perhaps..

I wonder what a trustworthy person looks like

Sorry OP but your so called friend is a load that should have been swallowed People like that shouldn't be called friends

Change your number and have a serious talk with your friend about this. If she didn't give them her number too, then she shouldn't have given them yours. It's a crazy world...

Before the harassment train leaves the station I suggest you make your friend put a stop to this practice immediately.

what's the matter with all these "sympathizing friends" who think single people need urgent help? SMH

You do know it's a game two can play, right? I would ask you not to confirm your name when unknown people call on you. You could use an app like TrueCaller to screen out unknown or private numbers or calls from people you don't know. Tell your friend you have someone in your sights and you're just steeling your nerves before you make your move. Also tell her you are tempted to give her number out to random people too.

Simply put CURN...and I don't mean choose ur iNdividual (wisely)...