By idislikeblanks - 30/01/2013 07:03 - United States - Lathrop

Today, my 5-year-old nephew had the most amazing idea: to play a game with my keys. He took out all ten keys individually and hid them around the house. So far it's been two hours and I haven't found a single one. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 868
You deserved it 4 105

Same thing different taste

Top comments

obviousboy 8

I see him saying, "Let's play a game," to people in the future.

Meenah_fml 4

Yikes. Kids find the craziest hiding spots for small things. Good luck.

Comments

ulissey_fml 22
perdix 29

Show him a new game: Guantanamo Water Boarding. If it worked to find bin Laden, it'll work to find some keys ;)

Really? You're being held prisoner by the antics of a five year old? YDI

You have 2 options: 1) The longer one: sit down with him and explain that you should only play games with people who give their consent. That way, no one gets bullied and angry or sad. 2) The quicker one: tell him that you'd get ice cream for him, but can't do so without your keys.

bribery always works unless lactose intolerant, then the keys might make a quick appearance in the toilet

27- The ducts? Man, I dropped countless marbles, crumbs, boogers, and the occasional small toy in those... all but the boogers being unintentional. I can see that happening!

skyeyez9 24

Did you let his parents know so they can make him fess up to where they keys are? If not, threaten him with an ass beating and then follow thru if he still refuses. 2hrs is way too long to put up with that shit. He is 5 years old.....don't let him get away with hiding your keys. Be an adult and take control of the situation!

Threatening and beating a child -regardless of the reason is wrong and possibly criminal. Agreed that OP needs to be the adult and take control but fear and violence are not the correct method. I'm all for throwing the child's favourite toys in the trash...

unlifeoftheparty 10

people like you are the reason why we have so many beyone rotten kids that walk all over everyone and get away with everything. >_>

upallnight11 19

I would keep him hostage untill he returns every single key.

Man... I wouldn't even last 2 hours trying to find them. He's going to be the master of hiding things in a scavenger hunt!