By Serenadipity - 22/12/2015 03:37 - United States

Spicy
Today, my 15 year-old brother told us his girlfriend is pregnant. He was taught in his abstinence-only sex ed that condoms don't prevent pregnancy. My parents are blaming her pregnancy on me, for not telling him the truth about sex, because parents giving their kids the sex talk is "too awkward." FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 668
You deserved it 1 905

Serenadipity tells us more.

Serenadipity 11

31- If I had any inkling of what was going on, I would have tried to do something about it. I didn't even know he had a girlfriend, let alone that he was having sex.

Top comments

Your brother and his girlfriend are the only two to blame. If you believe you're mature enough for sex, then you're mature enough to do your homework on the risks as well.

Comments

Looks like your parents need a serious wake up call and the school needs a new sex ed program.

corky1992 33

Teaching him about sex isn't your problem. That's your parents responsibility that they obviously failed at.

If they think parents doing their job is too awkward, how do they expect YOU to know anything about it either? Magic?

time to pool the money for the much needed abortion.

rabid_otaku 29

Why the hell is your brother having sex at fifteen? Hell, that's my age!

I agree that 15 is a young age to be having sex at but it's only a year under the age of consent (where I am, at least). I lost my virginity when I was barely 15 and it hasn't scarred me for life.

Sounds to me like they didn't even have the guts to give you "the talk", yet they expect you to teach your brother? It's definitely not your fault op, it was your parent's responsibility to educate him and they failed to. Only hope they are better grandparents.

A classic case of the blind leading the blind

This is what happens when you let conservatives get control of your school boards. Vote at every level of government, every time there's an election.

Neither conservatives nor democrats are to blame. This was the fault of whoever instilled the program. I am as conservative as it gets and I plan to vote republican over democrat every time, yet I could and would have put together a better sex ex class. Politics has nothing to do with it. It's common sense.

Only one party supports abstinence-only sex ed and it's not the Democratic Party. Politics has plenty to do with it.

They should have researched it or used common swnse to find out what would happen like who really pays attention in health classes at that age

Get a wooden spoon. Hit the eejit out of your parents. It's not your fault they being total pricks by blaming you.