By Lisaaa - 27/10/2010 11:47 - Canada

Today, it was my little girl's birthday and her grandparents came over to celebrate. One of the presents from her grandparents turned out to be a sweater. She then asked, "Mommy, may I please lie?" When I shook my head no, she exclaimed, "I hate this ugly sweater!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 711
You deserved it 34 598

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Once she asked your permission to lie, you were up a creek no matter your response. I guess it's time to teach her the value of the Little White Lie.

Comments

At least she didn't say, "I hate this ugly ******* sweater, you old ******* crone! I hope you choke on your Metamucil!" Count your blessings.

Ontario ftw:) where abouts? I'm a Londoner myself

YDI for not teaching your kid how to tactfully receive presents they don't like. My mom went over the gift-getting rules before every gift-getting event from the time I could speak until I was old enough to handle it on my own.

Well, you should've seen what was coming when she asked that, so YDI

I'm with you on this one, because obviously there was a reason she asked to lie immediately after opening the sweater. They would have still known she hated the sweater (since she had asked to lie) but in a nicer fashion.

MarineWifey88 3

You should teach her to be honest without being rude. Instead of saying she liked the sweater, she could have said she liked the color or something along those lines.

bfsd42 20

Why is this an fml? Because the child didn't like the sweater and isn't a liar. Come on op. Get a life.

why do you have no shirt on?? you need the ugly sweater to cover yourself up man!!

like how you need to wear a costume to hide your real self? lawl, leave him to comment as he wishes

Not only is there no costume in that picture, but it is most likely an image found on Google or FailBlog.

magankn 0

ur not even wearing a shirt ur just covered in paint you have your opinion about things let him have his

you've raised a candid if untactful little child

If a kid is ASKING you to lie, there's usually a good reason behind it. Also, it's not hard to teach kids some manners. My kid is 3 and will hug the person giving the crappy gift and say thank you, but the second the person is out of earshot, will tell me she doesn't like it. YDI for being an idiot.

Elfyy 0

She's a well raised child. I usually don't say anything. I keep whether I like it or not to myself. Unless of course I love it.

You should have seen that one coming from miles away...