But now…

By Anonymous - 05/09/2018 08:30 - United States - Sewell

Today, my mother-in-law insisted we go to a baby clothing store. When I reminded her that I don’t want children, she sat on the floor, crying, kicking and screaming. She then said I was denying her grandchildren because I hate her. Well, I didn’t… FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 766
You deserved it 196

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Justin Allan Bannister 9

she's just giving you an example why you don't want children LOL

To a mother of three to you.. a happily child free individual. Keep fighting for what you want in your life. Keep fighting for what makes you happy in your life, and if that means having no kids, then keep your head high and dont listen to anyone who tries to force or coerce you into parenthood if you dont want it. Parenthood is a personal choice, not an expectation.

Comments

To a mother of three to you.. a happily child free individual. Keep fighting for what you want in your life. Keep fighting for what makes you happy in your life, and if that means having no kids, then keep your head high and dont listen to anyone who tries to force or coerce you into parenthood if you dont want it. Parenthood is a personal choice, not an expectation.

PenguinPal3017 19

Every child deserves to be loved and cared for. This requires parents who want children. Having children just to please someone else is a recipe for disaster.

I completely agree. I was born an unwanted child and I wouldn't wish that upon my worst enemy. Having children is a personal choice and shouldnt be expected of someone because they are a certain age, gender or because they are married. I've got three kids because I wanted my kids.. it was my choice. There are others who dont want kids at all, and that's perfectly normal as well. My childfree friends love and dote upon my kids. ^_^

Justin Allan Bannister 9

she's just giving you an example why you don't want children LOL

"Why would I want an immature, self-interested child who thinks only of themselves...? I HAVE YOU!"

Wait wait wait... you didn't hate your MIL before her tantrum? What kind of family did you marry into? I hate my in-laws with a passion, and I'm single! I despise them that much.

AzrielB 8

From an evolutionary perspective if you married her only child, you are basically erasing her biological immortality, but she deserves it for not being an r strategist

PenguinPal3017 19

Her fault for only having one child. If that's important to you then have multiple children. Her son can also donate sperm though.

GoogieWithers 22

Please explain to her that you are unable to devote the time to deal with tantrums, bad behaviour and immature behaviour and raise a child of your own.

OP, my sincere sympathies for either having an in law with dementia or she is an an idiot. But to be honest the crying screaming and kicking on the floor sounds more like dementia than anything else. Be sure to keep an eye on her in the future for other childlike behaviors. And never, ever allow her a key to your home.

samomaha 17

Wow. A classic example of Narccisistic Personality Disorder. Google it, YouTune it, learn about it. You will learn some lessons on how to deal with her and will appreciate the knowledge.

she thinks you are deciding not to have children simply because you hate her and want her to be miserable?? what?

mustang19898 16

And she wonders why you don't want kids.....