By salt. - 28/02/2012 22:04 - United States

Today, it's my birthday. My fiancé decided to give me the gift of "freedom". That's how he put it, anyway. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 174
You deserved it 2 634

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Whenever anyone asks, tell them that it was the best gift you ever received. It probably is, even if it doesn't feel like it just yet.

There should be a "you're better off" button on here.

Comments

Sell the ring! It has gotta be worth SOMEthing. At least you can find someone better. I'm sorry OP. >.

fthku 13

That would just be silly, orphan tears are salty.

muffinXmonster 12

Key tha shit! Out of his car!!!

xStaciexLynnx 15

I always listen to idiotic advice from someone who can't spell 'the' or punctuate a sentence properly. I'm sure OP appreciates this comment.

Let's hope he didn't gift you with anything else.

xStaciexLynnx 15

He's a douche for breaking up with her on her birthday that way. First of all, it's not like he woke up on the morning of her birthday and said 'I think I'm sick of her' so he's probably BEEN stringing her along. Secondly, he could have sat down and talked to her about why it's not working out, not just said he was giving her her freedom for her birthday. That's why he's a douche.

Ahh, free to find someone better. Because you will OP.

Sell the ring and go away. Then send him a pic of you on a beach and say thanks for the bday gift!

xStaciexLynnx 15

Unfortunately, when you sell a ring back you don't get nearly as much as you paid for it so she's going to have to go on a very cheap vacation.

perdix 29

I see what's going on here: the cheap bastard just didn't want to buy you a real present, so he dumped you. In a week or so, he's going to come crawling back to you begging your forgiveness. In all of the emotional turmoil, you're going to forget that the cheapskate son-of-a-bitch stiffed you on your birthday. Happy birthday?

Don't take him back. No amount of apologies and promises to change are worth being married to someone who is not completely committed to you. You don't NEED to be married at all, OP.

Drewski123 0

I know how you feel. My boyfriend did that to me too.

MissHayleyJames 7

And why couldn't he have waited until the DAY AFTER her birthday? Waiting one day is better than doing it that day. Now if it's Christmas you should try to do it well in advance if you can. If you wait until the day after Christmas you'll look like a selfish moron who just wanted the presents. My brother's ex wife left him the day after Christmas and took off with everything we all gave her. Stupid bitch.