By Anonymous - 11/05/2012 00:28 - United States

Today, it's my birthday. I was heading back to my apartment and I heard noises behind the front door. Assuming it was the surprise party I'd hinted at, I flicked on the lights… as two heavy guys pushed past me. I was robbed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 549
You deserved it 2 316

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kevinn95 0

Ohhh no they stole ur surprise party?

That's awful! I'm so sorry op! Happy birthday (:

Comments

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Yeah yeah dislike my comment...you were all thinking it

luckyd880 12

Maybe your surprise is all new stuff and those were the movers taking out all your old junk!! Hahaha unless you live in la la land then I think your pretty much screwed op. Happy Birthday! Oh and your life sucks. Lol.

It was a burglary actually, for it to be a robbery, there had to be violence before, during or immediately after you had something stolen from you. Not that I am offended, just so you would want to know :)

The push could have been pretty violent when they ran out! You never know. :o

That is very true, it would be difficult to prosecute for though. Much better to have a strong aggravated burglary charge than a weak robbery charge :). Nice hair btw

either way, probably the worst Bday gift, ever....mores than gift cards & the classic 'nothing' gift. poor OP.

ChickInGreenVans 12

Okay don't get it twisted.. First and foremost Happy-Bday!! Moving swiftly along..Well it was a *Surprise!! thats for sure!! Just not the one you were hoping for!! haha!!

If you got insurance, that can mean that you will get new stuff, gotta try and stay positive, right? I just hope nopony stole anything of great sentimental value, happy birthday!

KVKdragon 26

It's stuff like this which makes me want to keep a baseball bat, a taser gun, and a bottle of Axe spray deodorant next to my door. Before any asks, the Axe spray deodorant is like easy-to-buy really cheap Mace since it can make your eyes sting upon contact with the spray ;)

But he/she was not in the apartment whilst it was being burgled so stuff by the door would just be more stuff to get stolen.

linkinpark98 23

Man, that's a downer. :( But happy (belated?) birthday, OP! :)

aww that sucks :( but aye chin up ! hope you enjoy/enjoyed the rest of your birthday ! :)

Sounds like you just let them walk by you as you stood there...wouldn't you go after them/ call cops regardless?

Not if it was un expected or they were armed! Some people don't know what to do in stressful situations like that. Poor Op was probably in shock and still registering the situation