By Sarah - 01/01/2013 15:15 - United States

Today, instead of the traditional midnight kiss, my husband handed me divorce papers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 107
You deserved it 5 547

Same thing different taste

Top comments

xxhollilollixx 6

This is a situation when the term "asshole" just isn't quite strong enough.

Comments

ideasrule 13

In the spirit of the New Year, consider this the beginning of new opportunities and a better phase of your life. I don't know if the OP has children, but if she does, I can say from experience that watching my parents argue, beat each other, and use me as a pawn in their arguments completely ruined my childhood, and that I was relieved when they finally got divorced. I can't imagine the constant fighting was much fun for my parents either, although I don't know this from experience. In the end, despite all the pain of breakup, it's probably worse to spend 10 years of your short life with someone who no longer loves you. So to the OP, and everyone here: stick to your resolutions, take advantage of whatever opportunities come your way, and Happy New Year!

rightspark 7

No wonder girls become B-i-t-ter its guys like that. Your gonna have to take him to the cleaners and take lots of his valuable possessions in the divorce and sell em on ebay

So, what you're saying is she should go back and hit 'em upstyle?

Tell him you will get back to him next year. And start search another guy

Obey_StudBoii 23

I'm sorry OP. Let this be a New Years Resolution to never look back and start over.

I'm sorry, OP. That really sucks. There are some guys who will engineer such a bomb on what's supposed to be a special occasion. My ex left me on my 30th birthday. It didn't take me long to realize that I'm much better off without him. I hope this turns out to be a blessing in disguise for you as well.

suzinwylie 3

In a sad way I'm glad I wasn't the only one this happened to :'-(

you and usher must have got to him. i don't know what happened but sorry OP.