By Sarah - 01/01/2013 15:15 - United States

Today, instead of the traditional midnight kiss, my husband handed me divorce papers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 107
You deserved it 5 547

Same thing different taste

Top comments

xxhollilollixx 6

This is a situation when the term "asshole" just isn't quite strong enough.

Comments

and if you get a good lawyer, he'll be handing you so much more!

jem970 19

So there is the silver lining guy! Thank you!

puddles007 8
jayhawkchik 4

Congratulations on losing 100+ ponds in the first few moments of the new year.he didn't deserve you anyway.

I like how everyone is insulting OPs husband when we have no idea what happened to cause a divorce. Maybe the husband is an ass, or for all we know OP was a serial cheater...

perdix 29

There's an Australian dude who suddenly became single at midnight. Maybe the two of you ought to get together -- you've got getting dumped on New Year's Eve and posting it on FML in common, which is a more legitimate reason than many couples.

Well you got caught making out with someone you told him was just a friend... What did you expect?

gary3768 13

Dude I think you got the people mixed up that guy was looking for his girlfriend this girl has a husband.

Did he catch you kissing your "friend"?

I've heard of people doing this so as to not have to deal with the complications in filing their taxes & having to split it w/their exes the year after the divorce...messed up either way OP. On the plus side, your 2013 taxes filed in 2014 will be all for you though so you won't have to share that with your soon to be ex husband .

Yes, but until the divorce is finalized, they're still considered married for tax law. Handing her divorce papers--although I think the divorce papers in this instance were metaphorical, as you have to be separated for a certain length of time before filing divorce papers--does not dissolve the marriage. So for the 2012 tax year, she'll have to file as Married Filing Separately, which really sucks.

Snowcones 14