By Guessmyproffhatesme - 13/12/2016 19:54

Today, in exams to become a funeral director, my full name was used as the example of the deceased in a few questions. Actually, 22 questions. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 620
You deserved it 611

Same thing different taste

Top comments

species4872 19

Just be glad you haven't become the practical part of the exam.

Lots of depressing jobs out there. They generally pay okay.

Comments

Seems like you got your professor's attention.

Genuinely curious, how did you come to the point of wanting to be a funeral director? I think that's one of the last jobs that would want personally, I just feel like it would be depressing. But that's obviously just my own opinion, not saying I'm right and you're wrong by any means. Just wondering what drew you in

Lots of depressing jobs out there. They generally pay okay.

First, until they find a cure for death, it's a stable job. Also, he'll seem interesting compared to all the stiffs around him.

I'm sure it can also be very rewarding. You're helping families get thru the worst times in their lives. Although you know nothing can replace their loved one, you're making their last memories of the deceased nice and you're their to comfort those in need.

And if you can upsell them on a really fancy coffin, you can make lots of money.

Well, I know some boys who were just born into that kind of family. It makes good money and they get lots of work, obviously. They don't always have to choose, some are kinda trained to do it from very young and maybe choose to do it because they decided to stick with what they know.

species4872 19

Just be glad you haven't become the practical part of the exam.

Sounds creepy. Did the packet also have a voodoo doll? No? The boss must have kept it.

zeffra13 31

That's what I was wondering. OP might have a common name for all we know.

That's what I thoughed and then I red OP's nickname.

Considering the job you're applying for, it's as good a time as any to develop a strong stomach when it comes to dealing with death.

Maybe everybody's exam is personalized like that. It could be a good weeding out tool. Someone could be smart enough to get the answers right, but if they freak out seeing their own name associated with death, they may not be cut out for that line of work.

Forgive the ignorance. But why an exam to become a funeral director?

Would you really want the funeral of a loved one to be done by someone who didn't pass an exam proving they know what they're doing?