By Anonymous - 24/10/2015 16:41 - United States - Colorado Springs

Today, I woke up to my dog laying on the pillow next to me. When he saw that I was awake, he wagged his tail happily and then promptly sneezed in my face. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 518
You deserved it 3 236

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Dogs do this when they're excited. They have glands in their noses that "tickle", and so they sneeze. It's used as a communication tool, usually with other dogs, to communicate excitement, welcoming and play rather than aggression. It's not a germy thing like it is when humans sneeze -- not on the same level anyway. Your dog is sneezing because he's excited to see you and happy you're awake. While it can feel a little icky, it's adorable in its own weird way once you understand it. If you're really grossed out, a good face wash helps.

rhagequit 7

How does this qualify as a FML? Live with a pug and you'll learn to take it as a sign of endearment.

My dog yawned in my face till I started breathing out all the air in me onto her face right after she did it. She would look at me like what the hell at first but eventually learned to turn her head.

Did this surprise you? It's pretty common

Awww so cute! My dog likes to wake me up by jumping on my face. I'd rather a sneeze. Less painful.

that's not that bad though at least the dog didn't fart in your face.

My dog once had puppies in my bed which was delightful.

How is this a problem? I wish I had a dog. I wouldn't complain about a little sneeze.