By Queensland - 18/10/2014 07:20 - Australia

Today, I woke up to find "Fuck you, Harry" painted on my car. Harry's my neighbour. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 098
You deserved it 2 575

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

It appears that you were Dirty Harry. OP, take photos and document the vandalism. It's your neighbours fault that this happened, and he should be held accountable and made to pay to fix the damages. If the vandal had attacked the right car in the first place, harry would still have to pay. Just because yours was painted by mistake, doesn't mean you should cop it.

^ This. The first sensible post of the lot.

I personally don't agree with this at all. Yes Harry may have done something horrible, but there's always the possibility that he didn't really do anything and that the vandal is a bit crazy. Maybe Harry broke up with a girl and she's a crazy ex. Or maybe he did something unknowingly and the vandal took it way too personally. I think most of us have had someone hate us and we don't even know what we did wrong. Either way, Harry didn't vandal the car and it is illegal to do, so in my opinion Harry shouldn't have to pay. And I'm pretty sure any cop or lawyer would agree.

If it weren't for harry, OPs car wouldn't have been spray painted in the first place. Because of something that harry may or may not have done to someone, on purpose or accidental, OP now has to pay to fix his car, when he's done absolutely nothing wrong. Fucken Bullshit mate. In Australia, if a person has something that gets busted or damaged, the person responsible for the damage (whether directly or indirectly) would be asked (if not expected) to at least pay for half of the damages to be fixed. The vandals message and intent is clear; they wanted harry to pay, one way or another. With Harry being the intended target/victim/reason for the vandalism, Harry should accept that, apologize to OP, fix the damages and go to the police station with OP, make an official statement, hand over any evidence they have collected and get an investigation happening. That way, if the police find the culprit, they can be charged with (but not limited to); trespassing, vandalizing of private property, intent to cause harm to a natural person or private property, stalking, harassment, conduct causing damage or harm, acts of violence or aggression towards a natural person and/or private property, slander. Good Luck OP, I hope it all works out in the end. Please update and let us know how you get on.

im sorry but i cant help but find it so rediculus that you guys would go to this harry guy and try and ask him to pay, doesnt matter if it was intended for him, vandalism is a crime that harry did not commit... if he was a nice guy and offered, then thats good but if he says no then too bad

I agree with 53, I don't understand how you can expect Harry to pay for something that he didn't do. Especially something that would cost so much like repainting a car. There isn't a chance Harry would pay for that, and he would have the law on his side.

dudley" I'm not..tt.. harry he's harry" *points that way*>>>>

lexielou07 18

Hmm, you must have been really mad at him the previous night...

Mate! Me and my girlfriend had an argument Friday night. My name's Harry. Hope it's not me!

maybe his enemy purposely do that so it's more embarrassing for harry and the need to explain/compensate you? that's what loan sharks here do, spraying paint on borrower's neighbour's door instead