By Anonymous - 20/11/2015 19:48 - United States

Today, I woke up next to my boyfriend. He gazed at me, stroked my cheek, and said, "Christ, you really need something for this acne." FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 215
You deserved it 2 533

Same thing different taste

Top comments

SauceySarah 30

That's actually my worst fear.. To be in a vulnerable state and have the guy I woke up next to say something about my appearance. I'm sorry, OP. That must have hurt.

A07 48

Touch his balls and go " WHAT ARE THOOOOOOOSE"

Comments

Your boyfriend should think you're beautiful no matter what and if he was just trying to help you he could have said it in a more sensitive way. Sorry OP

tiger820 20

he never said she was ugly, just that she needed to get her and under control.

I couldn't disagree more. That way of thinking is just naive.

I agree 18. If he was actually trying to help her and maybe had heard of a medication or something that could work, then he could've brought it up in a caring and delicate way. Instead he's only pointing out something she knows and probably hates about herself, and is probably very self conscious about, and is just hurting her by saying it. He just hurt her and probably damaged a bit of the relationship and trust she has in him, just to be mean. Now every time he strokes her cheek, she'll probably be self conscious and think that he's disgusted by her acne. Poor girl. I wish he thought about all this before he spoke.

Sounds like soon you should be waking up next to your next boyfriend.

You need to learn not to speak everything that comes to mind...

tiger820 20

he's just being honest. that's true love right there! now get out there and do something about that acne!.... lol

He shouldn't have said anything regardless of his intentions. She obviously knows she has acne and I'm going to assume she's been trying different things to get rid of it. That's like telling someone they need to lose weight. If they're fat they already know that. Why make someone feel bad about themselves because you're uncomfortable with their appearance?

Well... He definitely said it rudely. I think he's only concerned because he knows you'll feel and/or look better without it. But there were other ways to go about it.

For a long time I had super bad acne. Turns out milk was the major factor. It got a lot better when I cut down, and using Purity face wash, it's almost completely gone now. Sorry to hear though, OP.

Acne looks good on no-one, he loves you even because of your acne maybe he just wants you to look your best. You're lucky to have someone who loves you even though you've got evident flaws.

It's okay to be honest, but there had to be a better time and a better way to say that.

Why bother saying anything at all? Unless he was trying to help by recommending a medication or product he heard of, then there's no point in him bringing it up. She obviously is aware of the acne and has probably been trying a bunch of different things to get rid of it. So him pointing it out does nothing but hurt her feelings and make her more self conscious.

Because in a relationship you should be able to discuss things freely. I don't really know how else to explain it. I know he shouldn't have said it the way he did. But if he had asked her about it because he was curious if it bothered her and wanted to know if she'd tried anything or if there was a certain reason she broke out it would have been better. We don't even know the whole story. Maybe he did recommend something after that. She may feel bad about it, but hopefully she's beautiful to him no matter what.

Why is he supposed to know anything about acne cures? The OP should go see a doctor.