By ~JESSICA~ - 11/09/2010 06:19 - United States

Today, I woke up late to an urgent voicemail from my dad telling me he left me a present in my car. Excited, I went to investigate. I then saw that his "surprise" was fresh fish he had caught. I hate fish, and now my car stinks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 892
You deserved it 3 606

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I always kinda laugh at people who say "YDI for being ungrateful!" ... Because you would be SO TOTALLY THANKFUL YOURSELF if your dad left a food that you don't like in your car, making it stink. Get the **** over yourselves.

How can you hate fish. it's Yummy. and smells like Vaginas ;D JAYKAY. but seriously. fish is good...

Comments

boatkicker 4

pet peeve: when people say they don't like fish. Different types of fish taste differently. Either way, FYL OP if your car stinks. That does suck. Besides, who leaves fish in the car? Cars get hot on the inside, and hot (uncooked) fish is a bad idea.....

lexie206 0

I don't like fish. The smell of it makes me sick so why on earth would I eat it? Besides, I'm vegetarian.

sharmen 0

I actually don't like any type of fish or seafood. I don't see why it would bug you so much for it to be a pet peeve.

WhyTheFace4 0

I hate fishes because this one time I ate a fish and I didn't like it.

People also hate vegetables, red meat, meat in general, etc. Certain groups of food can share a common unpleasant taste or texture. I don't care for the texture of seafood or a strong fishy taste. The taste of certain fish may be mild, but it's not yummy enough to overcome the texture IMO.

That's a pet peeve of mine, as well! I hate picky eaters. I was raised to eat absolutely everything that was served for dinner. The only food that I refuse to eat is mayo, which is utterly terrible for you, anyway. I'm not sure why people are saying that it's weird to have a pet peeve about picky fish-hating people. A pet peeve is anything that annoys you!

devans00 14

I totally hate fish too so I feel your pain. The only way I know of to get out an ugly smell is to pay for an expensive car detail job.

ThatLooksSticky 16

Does Daddy drink? The OP isn't ungrateful. Her father should know that she doesn't like fish.

By reading her mind right? OP doesn't say "he knows I don't like fish," she says she doesn't like fish. Does your father know every single 1 of your likes & dislikes?

sourgirl101 28

All though I understand your point but don't dads normally eat dinners etc...with their children? It should be a safe bet to say the dad should know that she doesn't like fish.

h0tTamales 0

I agree with you. and family...usually eats with family. you should try it.

twinny_sc 13

Not true my dad doesn't know what I don't like. He sometimes makes me cereal for breakfast, I hate all cereal.

Dmb15freeweezy 0

17 maybe people have tried different kinds of fish and don't like it so they can say they don't like fish. I bet there is something you don't like and I'm sure there is different kinds of it that you haven't tasted but you don't have to be specific to each type.

FyourLIFEdotCOM8 0

I think they meant people who have only had it once and said they don't like any fish. but I agree with you, plus who really gives a shit about people likeing/dislikeing fish. just saying. maybe op likes fish cooked but can't stand the smell. fish do stink especially when gutting them.

FyourLIFEdotCOM8 0

oops I re-read it and realized it said "I hate fish" so ignore the previous comment

your Dad was so sweet to give you a gift of something he worked to get. you are ungrateful and don't deserve the effort. YDI

You should definitely scream at your dad & let him know what a worthless piece of shit he is for gifting you.

perdix 29

When I read the first sentence, I though he took a dump in her car. The fish part was anti-climactic. Put some raw shrimp in his car's air vents. That'll show your gratitude!

mintcar 9

Were you hoping for a bag of Swedish Fish instead?

WearingHats 14

She wasn't expecting anything, it was a surprise. -_-