By vron991 - 13/05/2012 05:02 - United States - Wilmington

Spicy
Today, I went to the store for some pads with my dad. We got them and then went to the cashier. That's when he realized that they were scented. He took one out of the box, sniffed it, made me sniff it, then insisted the cashier smell it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 589
You deserved it 2 738

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Scented pads? First time I have heard of. Probably because Norway is slow with those stuff.. But when I think about it, pads kind of have a special weird sent about it anyway.. So FYL for having a dad that embarrasses you. At least your dad is not afraid to show what he means, and that can be good sometimes

SweetlyPsycho 4

What if her dad is a single dad?! You just sound like a complete jerk saying she deserves it for taking her dad!

Comments

fogrunner 13

... scented pads????????????????? Anyway, just google "menstrual cups," hehehe...

Although your dad embarrassed you, maybe joking like that is a coping-mechanism he has for awkward situations. Kudos to your dad for doing what needed to be done, even if it put him out of his comfort zone. On a side note, scented pads/tampons can cause infections.

that's what I was thinking. He was probably just trying to make the best out of an uncomfortable situation. I wonder what the age/sex of the cashier was...that would make all the difference in how embarrassing it would be. OP, one day you and dad will laugh about this...or never ever bring it up. I think he was just as uncomfortable as you were and was just trying to lighten things up--dads just don't get that girls won't find the same humor in some jokes that boys will.

I can just imagine OP's dad with the Me Gusta face while doing this.

He's just trying to teach his little girl to slow down and smell the coochies every now and then.

Saying she's gross for wearing pads is stupid. Pads are better than tampons, wearing tampons for too long can cause a horrible infection.

grace12898 0

It just depends who you are where you're gonna be and what your comfortable with

I'm happy that you're that close to your dad....

Sorry to hear your dad embarrassed you like that, OP. You sound young and what your dad did can be very embarrassing for a young girl.

This whole argument of tampons vs. pads and which is better is getting annoying. It's simply a matter of a preference. If you wear tampons properly then they shouldn't cause any problems (infection, etc.). If you leave a tampon in for 12 hours and then wonder why you are having an infection then it's your own darn fault. Personally, I don't like pads. They shift. They allow leaks on the sides. And I don't like the way they feel in your underwear. However, I am not going to sit here and try to convince every woman that tampons is the way to go for her. I understand that tampons may be just as uncomfortable for some as the pads are for me. Get off your high horse, #68, and accept that we all have differences of opinion and preference. Edit: This was supposed to be a reply to #68. Clicking reply didn't work, I guess.