By Caroline - 24/02/2013 09:34 - Denmark - Copenhagen

Today, I went to the doctor to get a blood test and I started crying when I saw the needle. I planned on becoming a doctor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 140
You deserved it 13 528

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Close your eyes every time you put a needle in someone's arm. What could possibly go wrong?

Comments

you can still be a doctor like Dr. Phil.

I feel ya. I am DEATHLY afraid of needles and once passed out after a simple little arm prick to get tested for TB. But that's why I've decided to NEVER have ANYTHING to do with the medical field as a career.

I get freaked out by needles. Something about a foreign object going into the skin makes me cringe. I can't even have my ears pierced. With the amount of tests I've had run on me, you think it would get easier, but it didn't. The only time I was able to push it out of my head was when my one cat had diabetes and needed his insulin twice a day. You can learn how to push through it for the important stuff.

well OP, its better be on the giving end of a needle as opposed to the receiving end....think of it that way, then maybe you can watch other's reactions when YOU give them their shot!

See? Lots of people have your issue and still can use needles when they must. The time to worry is if you ever start to LIKE them.

Well your people do make one if my favorite pastries... you could be a baker.

Its a whole lot different when your giving the shot. You can learn to tolerate pretty much anything.

Hey, I used to be scared of needles aswell, but I learnt how to control that! You just have to relax, and over time realize that the sting doesn't really hurt that much. Good luck!

sbuxsux11 8

don't worry! I was the same way until I forced myself to just do it.now I'm a certified phlebotomist. practice makes perfect.don't give up thats something small to overcome.the student loans are scarier

Don't worry about it- you get desensitised to it and tend to just zone out when you're the one giving the injection/ taking blood :)