By VeeDubDisaster - 17/01/2010 02:35 - United States

Today, I went to start my just bought '79 VW bus. I put my key in but stopped due to the strong gasoline smell. I went to check. Found puddle of gas. The previous owner figured duct taping a cracked tank was the same as fixing it. And didn't bother to share that tidbit with me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 315
You deserved it 28 507

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Probably should have had the car checked out before you bought it? .-.

Jeff2017 0

should of said "show me the carfax"

Comments

There are these amazing things called lemon laws. You can sue him for selling you a crap car.

@Fatlip; congrats on using the correct form of "you're". Few people have this skill nowadays.

bmccravy 0

Aw that really sucks. I have always wanted a VW bus. I would be pissed.

that's totally illegal, take him to court

that's why you check everything on the car BEFORE you buy it...

And you didn't get the car checked by a mechanic because...? I sold my car to a friend not long ago, and even they got it checked out! I've known them for years, and they still had to double check, and I completely understood. There is no reason to never check out an expensive purchase with a professional.

5oforlife 0

i did not realize how ignorant people are until reading these comments. buying a '79 omg what are you thinking!? older cars 1) are easier/cheaper to work on 2) usually go up in value ( in good condition ) unlike the brand new car your daddy bought you, which got depreciated the moment it was driven off the dealers lot... 3) just way more fun, well atleast for people who are mechanically inclined. :) new VW suck, but the old buses are cool, nice investment, easy fix for a classic car...

Didn't you take a good look at it before you made the purchase?!

When you go to buy a car, you get it checked first. Personal inspection is rarely good enough.

Afroninja123 0

did you buy the bus to attract children?