By louie - 31/01/2012 20:17 - United States

Today, I went to see a doctor about some of the memory problems I've been having. After the appointment, I could barely remember a thing he told me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 109
You deserved it 3 199

Same thing different taste

Top comments

slushpup9696 12

Don't worry, soon you'll forget this whole experience!

Comments

iseyixes 18

You need to invest in a camera man to follow you around and record your life.

When a doctor talks to me, I awkwardly nod along and pretend I understand. Then I go home and realize all the questions I could have asked.

Used to do this. Thankfully I bring an iPad with me now and write down questions beforehand.

There is actually research that shows that patients remember just under 50% of what doctors tell them. That's why I'm able to make up so much shit and get away with it. No one remembers well enough to look it up later.

I was going to look up your percentage but when I got to google I forgot the fact...

I can imagine you doing that. "And snuff 30 lines of cocaine a minute."

GoW_Chick 14

Well look on the bright side if it was bad news then you don't remember so it's all good. I know how you feel I suffer from short term memory loss so sometimes I can't remember things I've done just the other day, it is rather annoying I use post it stickys to help me.

It happens time to time that I don't even remember what I ate yesterday..

pippa08 0

time to get a big diary and write things down!

oneontheway 0

My friends compare my short term memory to that of a goldfish. 30 seconds pass and I can never remember shit!

HattedMad 7

FYL, will you even remember this fml?

Is there anyone who can accompany you to your appointments? In addition to that, it might be wise to invest in some kind of audio recording device so that you can review important discussions, meetings, lectures, etc as many times as necessary after they take place.

Now this would be more of a FML if you had already went to the DR & forgotten all about it & made another appt & went back again!

kittenvks 11

Like a talkboy or girl! Don't laugh people you KNOW you wanted one back in the day!

kittenvks 11

That was supposed to be a reply to 29, my apologies I have fat fingers apparently.