By gracezering - 17/06/2014 11:45 - United States - Jeffersonville

Spicy
Today, I went to CVS to buy some tampons. The cashier said, "Ewwww... You're on your period." FML
I agree, your life sucks 69 603
You deserved it 7 278

gracezering tells us more.

I'm the OP and the cashier was a female. I know! Wtf, right??

Top comments

That's quite rude and invasive for someone who is just supposed to be quiet and ring you up

softviking 12

Some people should not work as cashiers...

Comments

ShortySmidget 10

People like that make me lose faith in humanity. Also, way to assume! Just because you're buying feminine hygiene products doesn't necessarily mean it's THAT time of the month; you could just be stocking up/preparing for it!.

either way, there was no reason for him to make a comment. is he not aware that all females have menstrual cycles and that it is a completely natural occurrence for which no woman should be made to feel embarassed or ashamed of? would he rather women just bleed all over the place instead of using feminine products? no i doubt he would. his lack of maturity, understanding, and professionalism is whats disgusting.

QueenofWheels 13
QueenofWheels 13

not sure why 4 people hated my comment

How old is the cashier 4? I mean how unprofessional and immature can you be?

It's just a harmless joke. I'm sure you will get over it

it's not a harmless joke, some people are very sensitive about it, and definitely don't want it made public to everyone

In some countries women are banned from their houses, beaten and treated like crap just for being on heir periods. Not to mention the shame almost all societies make girls feel for something so natural. So regardless of whether or not it was a joke it is incredibly offensive and inappropriate.

Say, "I was going to buy them, but you sound like you need them more." then walk out like a boss

I'm willing to bet a female cashier would be more understanding of another woman buying tampons. After all, a female cashier would have to buy them for herself. What would be really fun is if a guy got squicked out because he had to ring up tampons or pads is to give a graphic description of all the misery your period causes you.

QueenofWheels 13

Or maybe you just want to be prepared for when you are. Either way, the cashier was immature and unprofessional.

How immature and rude of him! If he's old enough to work, he should know that periods are something that all girls go through. Sorry OP

therealjc_fml 14

Did you say ewww you're a cvs cashier right back to them?

Send CVS an email about this. This sort of unprofessional behavior costs companies money. After all, I'm willing to bet you're likely to avoid shopping there for this product in the future. And how many other woman has he done this with?

Not to mention how many people view stories like this online and go "Well, if a company is going to allow that kind of crap I think I will take my business elsewhere."

that's when you say, "yayy I'm not pregnant" and leave.