By gracezering - 17/06/2014 11:45 - United States - Jeffersonville

Spicy
Today, I went to CVS to buy some tampons. The cashier said, "Ewwww... You're on your period." FML
I agree, your life sucks 69 603
You deserved it 7 278

gracezering tells us more.

I'm the OP and the cashier was a female. I know! Wtf, right??

Top comments

That's quite rude and invasive for someone who is just supposed to be quiet and ring you up

softviking 12

Some people should not work as cashiers...

Comments

Report her for being unprofessional and rude. You should be able to buy your goods without having a cashier making rude comments.

I doubt they said that. OP, I think you're a liar.

LO1014 16

I've met a lot of insensitive jerks, so I have no doubt someone would say that.

What? Was the cashier 4? Man, dude needs to grow up.

I would have complained to the manager for them being rude. what you buy they should not comment about.

That's when you ask for the manager and have them written up or fired on the spot.

QueenofWheels 13

fired for making a joke? wow

Best comebacks in situations like this; "This is why you're job is being replaced by robots." "Well, I did intend to purchase this product, but now I think I'll visit your competitor." "Your attitude explains why you only make minimum wage." Or my favorite, "Call your manager. Now."

As a cashier the "I'm going to shop at your competitor's store" doesn't really phase me. I'm still getting the same paycheck at the end of the week

I think it depends on how much crap they leave sitting in a basket blocking your till. I've left an entire cart full of merchandise blocking a cashier's lane and cluttering their belt because they made incredibly rude and unwarranted remarks. That's when it works best.

squarecircles 13

Ppl like that are just a-holes wanting a reaction who need to be ignored.

I'm sorry, but all I could think of after reading this was "how can you use CVS to buy tampons?" CVS, meaning Concurrent Versions System, is like the oldest and most iconic revision control system (also the most brain-damaged and everybody hates it). Boy, I gotta get out more...