By gracezering - 17/06/2014 11:45 - United States - Jeffersonville

Spicy
Today, I went to CVS to buy some tampons. The cashier said, "Ewwww... You're on your period." FML
I agree, your life sucks 69 603
You deserved it 7 278

gracezering tells us more.

I'm the OP and the cashier was a female. I know! Wtf, right??

Top comments

That's quite rude and invasive for someone who is just supposed to be quiet and ring you up

softviking 12

Some people should not work as cashiers...

Comments

nanyabiz 0

My young daughter says the same thing when she doesn't get her way and is mad at me. Her other mother is imaginary who can do no wrong

Wonder what he would have said if you had been buying condoms instead. IF he knows what they're for! On a different note, ugh. By the time a person is old enough to be hired as a cashier, that person should be old enough to accept that women have periods and that's that. No need to get all grossed out.

Psycho_Babydoll 26

"Ew... you're having sex." Yep, I can see it.

1jordan1 11

Lol it was probably a joke just relax, it's funny.

It isn't funny, it's awkward and embarrassing. Yes we all know that every woman has periods, but that doesn't make it okay to embarrass people about it, even if it was intended as a joke.

Thatguy334 7

It's highly unlikely that it was meant as a joke, it's but funny, it's technically sexual discrimination/harassment.

It's not funny, it's just pathetic. The only thing it does is show off the immature stupidity of the cashier. People go into drugstores to buy all sorts of things that they might find having attention drawn to it a bit embarrassing, even though they are perfectly normal and everyone is probably going to need them at some point in their lives. The cashier should be fired because of this - he/she is not cut out to be in the adult world yet.

Psycho_Babydoll 26

Makes me wonder if this idiot makes douchebag comments like that frequently. If so, I doubt he'll be employed for much longer. I always feel really awkward when I'm buying feminine hygiene products so if a cashier pointed it out to me I think I'd die right there and then.

ohishkabibble 21

Honestly, OP, you should try to remember the associate's name and then call the store and ask to speak to a manager about the cashier's unprofessional behavior. Or go visit the store in person; that would work, too. Don't just let it slide!

That's the epitome of immaturity. Sorry OP.