By Anonymous - 20/07/2016 22:28 - United States - Columbus

Today, I went to a new doctor. While filling out charts she looked up and said, "I'm assuming you are single." FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 758
You deserved it 923

Same thing different taste

Top comments

pleasedie 22

Should've responded, "I'm assuming you're a bit of a bitch."

While we're assuming things, let's just assume they're being wishful OP ;)

Comments

I guess you need to see the love doctor then?

While we're assuming things, let's just assume they're being wishful OP ;)

pleasedie 22

Should've responded, "I'm assuming you're a bit of a bitch."

But are you actually single? It'd suck more if you aren't..

peterburk 5

I had this situation when handing in my tax report. The cute woman behind the counter opened a box of paperwork, leafed through, then looked up and asked "Are you single?" to which I replied "Yes..." She then clarified that because I'm single, not married, I need this form instead of that one. Wishful thinking.

Not the same at all that lady asked if you were single she didn't assume that you were.

Should've replied with, "yes, I'm free Friday, if you're trying to ask me on a date?"

She probably meant single in terms of marital status, not in terms of whether you're in a relationship or not. If you're under 25, that's not an unreasonable assumption to make (although I am 23 and married, so who am I to talk). She probably needed it for a form. I assume "are you sexually active" was a separate question.

You coud always have asked 'why?' - if there's no good reason, you could always change doctor

Fire that doctor. The last thing you want is a doctor who makes assumptions- you don't want her to assume that you're being a crybaby about menstrual cramps and send you home with festering acute appendicitis.