By lifsabtch - 06/01/2013 17:24

Today, I went out to meet a wonderful woman I'd chatted with online. I did have a few fears about if she was really just some guy trying to make a fool out of me. When I met her, she really was a girl, and was happy to see me. Problem: she was actually 13. I'm 34. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 424
You deserved it 8 823

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That girl is very lucky you weren't a pedophile. Shame on her for acting older than she was and meeting you, something terrible could have happened to her.

Comments

Honestly this generalization of a generation has gotten old.. Every generation has ****** up people...

I guess that kinda goes along with 13 going on 30(1)

8- don't worry I caught the other fml reference

she was just trying to rebel and stamp out those daddy issues to her you'd be the man her father never was either that or she had a terrible sense of humor anyway poor you fyl the internet is never safe

calliet145 14

Holy run-on sentence, Batman...

sorry my mind wandered while writing that one

Either that, or you just don't remember how to use punctuation. But don't change just because people rag on you. No guy likes periods.

Depending on where she is the age of consent is 14...kinda creepy

haha, and then Chris Andrews popped out of the closet and asked why you were there right!?

B_CeouL 12

You think he would have learned the name from the 8 other people who referenced him in earlier comments.

I don't know OP I think you dodged a bullet. At 13 she was probably all tatted up and surly from all that hard living. Probably had a huge smack problem too.

medichick 5

After chatting for that long how can you not tell she was much younger. The mentality and language had to be different?

It's quite easy to sound mature. Good grammar and spelling can go a long way! Other than that many 13-16 years old (younger teens) are very mature for their age.

Mature for your age doesn't bridge more than twice your lifespan before you even learn to drive.... I'm agreeing that its hard to believe he had no clue I dated an 18 yo recently for a year and some change into her 19th and I found myself often times just marveling at her lack of life experience. I had several times met someone who had an age gap of several years and thought age is a number but any prolonged interaction just screams out at you how young they really are until someone has been out on their own for a couple years paying their own way and being responsible for their own life age really makes more of a difference than just numbers... I have dated up as well and found that age gaps matter way less after 25 and up but beneath that usually (not always but usually) people should only have a couple years between them. Barring those unique or extreme situations there just isn't really enough substance to base anything deeper than physical on.

Since I have been on FML I have seen older guys and girls discussing pokemon and their group of friends that are into " my little pony" and I won't criticize them , but I am not shocked or surprised that OP didn't notice a generation gap, particularly if she didn't discuss MLP. Just about everyone on here has some connection with movies, video games and websites. I am older an I like video games and anime. Hate pop music though.

#217, honestly, I've done that too. I could never connect with people my own age, and the computer was right in front of me unsupervised, so by the age of 11 I was talking to grown men online every day. I learned very quickly about pedophiles and perverts, also that sending explicit pictures was against the law. I'm now 13. No, I do not go on chat rooms anymore. If I'm feeling down and alone, I'll occasionally try to seek out teen chats. Yet, I CAN picture how that girl must feel to be turned down like that, no matter how wrong it was of her to lie about her age. There's one man I still talk to, but I make it clear that I will never do anything 'sexy' for him on cam or send pics, and he's okay with that. I hope. He has two daughters - one my age - so I also hope to God that he's not a pedophile. Anyway it takes a lot of guts to seek out grown, horny men just because you have no ability to connect with someone of your own age group. And, it's hard. Deciding who is not online for sex. Although, who knows what that idiot was thinking. Op could've been sexually attracted to young girls and took advantage of her (though we all know he didn't). We never know what runs through someone else's mind, or what their intentions are. She could've been just another ****** up, thirsty girl wanting attention. Nobody knows.

Just to be clear, I've never lied about my age online. They either end the conversation, talk sexual, or talk about normal subjects because they're scared I might actually be a cop. That tells me who to trust and who not to. Oh, and no matter how well I know someone online, I would NEVER meet them in person. I came very close one time, but I got scared and contacted the FBI instead (the man was 40 and wanted to meet me just for sex). Some people have brains and maturity, others not so much.

sorry, meant Hanson... not sure where that came from... but yea, FYL!