Gender bending

By Recluse - 21/11/2014 18:18

Today, the girl I'd been dating online for 6 months told me she was a guy. I said it was alright, and that I was still in love. Then she confessed she really was a girl, and was just trying to make me dump her so she wouldn't be the "bad guy". FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 653
You deserved it 7 588

Same thing different taste

Top comments

honestly it works out for you in the end, you got out of a relationship with a pretty shallow girl there, couldn't even be honest with you over the internet.. fyl

You dated for 6 months online and haven't met yet?

Comments

honestly it works out for you in the end, you got out of a relationship with a pretty shallow girl there, couldn't even be honest with you over the internet.. fyl

#1 is right! Lucky escape.. Do make sure you're careful with who you talk to on the Internet. CATFISH.

You're not even a bad guy if you break up with someone, depending if you're nice about it. It'd be terrible to lead someone on, that's the bad move. It's only bad, because she tried to trick him. It was over the Internet anyways, and they hadn't met, so what was the point of lying about it?

Guys... just a couple hours ago in the "moderation " section I Okay'd an FML that was an almost exact carbon copy this one, except instead of saying "in love" they told the girl "it's okay, because I'm bi." something seems sketchy...

You dated for 6 months online and haven't met yet?

Depending on the distance that they were apart, travel can be kind of expensive. So it makes sense.

That was my first thought. Then he was ok with that lie? I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this one. Sounds like he's better off though if she's going to be like that.

mischiefkel 17

#10, Travel may be expensive, but video chat is free.

1PersonIsMyWorld 22

10-- also in ur bio u said u just travelled halfway across the world for someone you never met. that sounds expensive.

23 - it was. I had to save money for over a year and I was still barely able to afford it. That was actually my basis for understanding that dating for 6 months might not be enough time to afford such travel.

so better to build up a relationship in a real world

I tried dating someone long distance that lived very far away (and we were in high school) but we always video chatted so I am kind of confused as to why they didn't After 6 months? But long distance isn't for everyone so we broke up and if I hadn't, I wouldn't have met my great boyfriend that lives 7 minutes away from me.

As soon as I saw "the girl I've been dating online for 6 months" a picked YDI.

just saw you're from texarkana! I moved from there a little over a year ago.

Country not world. Bit of a price difference there!

lexiieeex3 32

Wow... I'm sorry OP. She doesn't deserve you.

KokiKariya 7

Props to you for looking past her lying, you'll find someone who can reciprocate that true love

How in the world is that cat fishing? She was exactly who she said she was.

Because it was catfish with a twist.. She lied about lieing so it's a play off itself. It's actually a pretty funny comment by #6

youre an actual good person! youll find someone and you can definitely do better

Not sure if OP is a good person or just really desperate.

jimmer23 21

Find some self confidence, bro.

You don't want it need that need manipulative bitch anyways.

mischiefkel 17

Um.. What? Were you trying to make a sentence there?

Is the phrase "I think it's trying to communicate with us" still relevant? I dunno, I'm always out of the loop. If so, then that's what I'd say.