By jesterinperil - 16/02/2015 22:38 - United States

Today, I went out to dinner for my mom's birthday. I'd planned for a nice restaurant which is always packed, so I'd called for a reservation. When we got there, the hostess tried to turn us down because no one ever takes their mother out to dinner anymore, and that I was a fraud. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 958
You deserved it 2 341

jesterinperil tells us more.

OP here. We eventually got into the restaurant with our original reservations, after contacting management. My mother and I tried to not let the hostess spoil the night. The rest of the staff was wonderful and I don't think we'll be seeing much more of that hostess for a long time.

Top comments

Obviously she just said that because she doesn't treat her mother as nicely! Good for you,OP, I bet your mom was really happy! ^^,

I'm guessing "tried" means you got in eventually? Follow up!

Comments

WavRace 14

I guess she's just itching to get fired.

That's awfully rude. I bet they never take their mother out. I hope she had a good birthday!

If that place is always packed out then the food must be amazing because the service sounds like crap!

It's my birthday today too! Hb to her, hopefully she was able to have a good day regardless of the hostess :)

That is absolutely ridiculous. I hope you told her manager.

And this is when you speak to the manager.

TomeDr 24

In other words, she gave your table away to someone who greased her palm. I hope you complained to her manager.

Hope you managed to get in! I wonder if she realised how silly she sounded?

Since when do you have to explain what you're doing there instead of simply giving your name and number of people?

Exactly... For all she knows, it could have been your attractive, older, lesbian lover... Either way, it's none of her business.