By jesterinperil - 16/02/2015 22:38 - United States

Today, I went out to dinner for my mom's birthday. I'd planned for a nice restaurant which is always packed, so I'd called for a reservation. When we got there, the hostess tried to turn us down because no one ever takes their mother out to dinner anymore, and that I was a fraud. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 958
You deserved it 2 341

jesterinperil tells us more.

OP here. We eventually got into the restaurant with our original reservations, after contacting management. My mother and I tried to not let the hostess spoil the night. The rest of the staff was wonderful and I don't think we'll be seeing much more of that hostess for a long time.

Top comments

Obviously she just said that because she doesn't treat her mother as nicely! Good for you,OP, I bet your mom was really happy! ^^,

I'm guessing "tried" means you got in eventually? Follow up!

Comments

1dvs_bstd 41

Obviously she just said that because she doesn't treat her mother as nicely! Good for you,OP, I bet your mom was really happy! ^^,

I'm guessing "tried" means you got in eventually? Follow up!

HJKM_fml 19

I thought the exact same thing. OP probably had a manager come over who let them in.

...That has to be one of the stupidest excuses I've ever heard of.

I'm really trying hard to understand how what she said makes any sense.

Hosts never make any sense. When I bused tables they always brought people to the table as I bused them, they could never wait the few seconds for me to clean and get out of there.

Can't be too careful these days. Everybody's out to steal reservations, the sneaky little devils ;)

Yes, but aren't reservations made by name? How else would you know who reserved and who didn't? :/

I think this fml is the fraud. "Reservation for two, right this way" doesn't sound as storyworthy though.

JohnTheDonJuan 11

Beware of the trolls op, they're everywhere!

I would speak to the manager. These kind of people deserve to be put in their place. I have always wondered how they got jobs as they don't have brains.

TheFellyBelly 8

There are plenty of people who get jobs without having a brain. Take politicians for example.

10 bucks says they overbooked and she was covering up for it

JustinJK 21

God I hate when this happens. I called for reservations at a nice french restaurant. They claimed I didn't make reservations even though I called two weeks in advance! I showed them the call log and they proceeded to give me a shitty table on top of it. Had to bitch at everybody to get a good table. Ended up only paying for entrees. Not for starters, salad, drinks, or dessert. ugh.