Money ain't a problem when you've got it

By Anonymous - 07/10/2011 19:02 - United Kingdom

Today, I listened as my ridiculously wealthy friend excitedly rambled on and on about her latest shopping trip. This is the same friend who owes me £150, and accused me of being insensitive for asking her to repay it at some point. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 636
You deserved it 4 040

Same thing different taste

Top comments

coper169 0

I HATE when rich people act like assholes -_-

Comments

coper169 0
Mean_Mr_Mustard 9

Op make the bitch pay. Hold her designer purse or shoes hostage until she does.

yamatelle 19

Go Stewie Griffin on her ass! OP: "[Punch] Where's my money?! [punch even more] You gonna give me my money? Where's my money, man?! Where's the money, man?! Yeah, you like that?! That feel good?! [holds her head in toilet water] Where's the money, man?! Where's my money?! You got till five o'clock. You hear me?! You got till 5 o'clock!" Friend: "You freakin' psychopath!" OP: "Yeah, clean yourself up." [throws a towel at her]

9 OP could also hold her mother hostage, giggle, giggle, wink, wink.

Damn_Hippster 11

That's how she got so wealthy, she asked for money and never repays people. Kind of like the american economy!

Jess1008 4

Why would she give her money if she is already wealthy....

Why do most rich people act like they are above curtesy SMH

27 Those damn Americans. You know, the ones who make us smart Americans look bad.

The PC term is job creators. For those that don't know PC = politically correct

What's wrong with wealthy people?? Most wealthy people work very hard for their wealth. Not the girl who owes OP money of course, but you're making a big generalization hating on wealthy people.

@31 - Do you mean "courtesy"? And I don't act as if I'm above it.

this is why you never lend friends money no matter how close you are with them, its always a problem

'wealthy' people are more often than not balls deep in debt.

Llama_Face89 33

52- So EXACTLY like the US then.

all i can think of is the protests on wallstreet when i see this

The only reason I hate wealthy people is because I'm poor :'(

Robin Hood would fix this problem very quickly.

Go to her mansion and take back your £150! With extras if you may.

I don't see why anyone should be judged on their wealth. If they're wealthy, good for them. If they're not, that's unfortunate. But as long as you're trying your hardest, you'll get what you deserve. Although, I believe that you shouldn't brag no matter what you've got, and in OP's case, since she technically owes OP, she should still repay her.

witchdoctor1 9

Because some of those rich people who "worked so hard" usually didn't. They had rich relatives who'd spoil them rotten. And when they died they left all that money to their snotty grandkids. Or half those rich people are rappers/singers/actors who dont give half a damn bout anyone but themselves or family. They believe themselves above society just because they have $, when WE THE AVERAGE AMERICAN MADE THEM THAT RICH. that's what's wrong with rich people

111, so what you're trying to say is that, just because your profession is acting or singing, you don't deserve the money you have, but if you're like Bill Gates or Steve Jobs who've earned their money over many many years, it's better? Those singers and actors still deserve what they have. That's their profession and good for them for doing well at it. Plus, just because they have money, does not mean they have to go out and help everyone less fortunate then them, although many do donate to charities. They worked for what they have, so they shouldn't feel obliged to care for everyone less fortunate. And I know I'm gonna get thumbed down by those who just think no one should be rich, but I know the point I'm trying to get across.

That's what happens when you give a ***** money.....you get f***ed

There are two types of rich people.: people who worked hard for their money (Steve Wozniak) and those who screw people out of money (Wall Street CEOs). Et voila! There seriously is a big problem when 1% of the population (US or world) has, what, 90+% of the wealth. Hard work or not. A construction worker works his/her ass off whist corporate CEOs vacation in Tahiti. I'm not saying there shouldn't be rich people. But getting $400 million dollars for being CEO of a company is a bit excessive.

meggo91 9

haha i just was watching family guy and he just said he got tweeted lol

Lichinamo 33

@52 I have been yelled at by my mother because I bought my friend two $20 shirts. Said friend both paid me back, and is my very best friend. One of my other 'friends' let her dog chew up a pair of headphones I bought her when she 'lost' her wallet. And yet I routinely lend out money.

You don't give money to the wrong people, in any case, lesson learned.

Don't you think that is a little "Offensive" to OP?

I see what you did there. Well played, good sir. *tip of the hat*

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's why I named my username "Offensive". Based on older experiences, almost always somebody would find what I wrote offensive and hence deemed me a "troll" - so now I just flow with it. In any case, I get the joke... aside from that I thought of it and named myself after it. Heh. Jokes aside, I'm not sure why I got -7 rating. While it is very annoying to lose a huge amount of money because you gave them a "friend", you'll have to learn not to give money somehow, and this should be such an experience. School of hard knocks, isn't it?

Your name is quite awesome. I didn't contribute to your -7 for the record. Any way, yeah that money should be yours OP. Seriously, I can't believe the ego of rich people like that. Get it back or take legal action (whatever seems necessary to you).

Time to slap that bitch and take her money.

I HATE when rich people act like assholes -_-

Their born assholes. First sentence at age 4: Im rich and you not!!

Im rich.I constantly give people money for nothing in return. does that make me an asshole?

Their born assholes what? Please tell me, I'm dying to know. And you're wrong. Plenty of rich people are very generous. Same goes for poor people. Money has only a little to do with character development.

No, but you sound like a bit of a douche for having the urge to share that with us.

Not a douche move, 24. That was an 'I'm butt-hurt and want to disprove you' move. Legitimate reasoning behind sharing that.

I hate it when anyone acts like an asshole. In this case, however, OP would be justified. I know I've put this out here before but if you value the friendship, suck it up as an expensive lesson learned. If you care more for your money, tell her to pay up or she'll hear from your solicitor. Next time, hold onto any money you can't afford to lose.

Confuciussay 6

18 - Where have you been in my life?

koolkat27 13

I'm actually in debt and poor, but I dont think rich people are snobs. please stop stereotyping people and grow up for Christ sake.

40, by the sounds of it you don't deserve it anyway. You don't ask for money, you can ask for a loan though, it's then up to the person giving it to you to say 'hey, you need that more than me, keep it', or 'I worked hard for that, pay me back when you can'. But don't ever think that just because that person can 'afford' it, they should give you free stuff/money.

You don't need to be rich to be a dick.

heylesha 8

simple solution. Dont loan her money anymore.

That won't bring her £150 back. I would be pretty pissed in this situation.

I can't stand people like that. I would advise you to never let her borrow money again

BlckIvie6xoxo9 0

If she is ridiculously wealthy, why did she need to borrow money from you?

I dunno... Suing somebody can be A LOT of work. So tiring!

purple_zebras_ 0

that is exactly what I was thinking!

Maybe op paid something for her in advance.

riceicle1 6

Or maybe she just had no money once (as in her inventory as to put it ) and needed to borrow to pay for something

captain2obvious 18

There are two good ways to lose friends: Kill them. Or loan them money.

laurbear12 3

I agree from experience ( loaning a friend money, not killing them ha)

TheRealEllieSan 9

I hate it when rich people do that

Glitterhinoceros 14