By Anonymous - 14/01/2010 00:05 - United States

Today, I went on an interview for a job that I had been wanting for months. I thought everything was going great. On my way out, my interviewer asked me to recycle something for him. I agreed. It was my resume. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 391
You deserved it 2 334

Same thing different taste

Comments

Maybe he didn't need the resume anymore since you had completed the interview? that's looking at it in a very positive way though... depends how he said it and acted... Odds are he was being a douche..... kudos if you kept your cool. I would have been waiting for him to leave the building >:0

When I interview people, the resume always goes into the recycling bin straight away after the interview, whether they did well or not. I've got an electronic copy, the paper just clogs things up and I only needed a print-out at all to have it on hand during the interview itself. Can't say I've ever asked the interviewee to recycle it for me, though.

If you weren't so nosy, you wouldn't have known. If someone asks you to throw something away/recycle it, there's no reason for you to look at what is on it. And like #26 said, there's a good chance they throw away all the print-outs, hopefully you didn't make a fool of yourself in case you still had a chance...

Maddoctor 10

Ok...but don't you think the whole point of the interviewer asking him to recycle it himself was for him to see it was his resume? Besides, if you're going to give any kind of papaer to someone to throw away/recycle and you don't want them seeing what's on it, then you throw it away/recycle it yourself. It's really not that hard.

Totally agree with Maddoctor on this one.

Man that interviewer has some chops! It is people like that that make life edgy and worth living! I might put this in my non-existant novel!

lifeisaplay 0

Aww man I'm sorry that happened :(

Maybe they were testing how easy to control you are. You'd definetely be hired.

mshafty 0
Valentina525 0

I think this shit is fake I don't believe it

Hey, look on the bright side, now you don't have to work for an asshole like that!

Don't keeping me waiting! Did you get the job?